Doubletree Select Suites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sr

I am thinking about purchasing a 34RL Select Suites manufactured by Doubletree. Has anyone had any experience with a Select Suites or the manufacturer???

Check out    5thwheelforums.com go to Doubletree section  and      http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mobilesuites/

Both these sites are pretty much dedicated to Doubletree Moblesuites

Cheers,
Bill

In March we purchased a 36 ft Mobile Suites.  We love it.  The quality is superior and it appears that someone put a lot of thought into the interior design.  We have a ton of storage space.  The Trailair pin box gives us a smooth and comfortable pull.  I can't say enough about this fifth wheel.  We looked at a lot of them and when this one came along we knew it was the one for us.  There  will be a Mobile Suites Rally memorial weekend at Goshen Indiana.  It will be the first.  Check it out.  http://www.mobilesuitesrvclub.com.  That is our experience we highly recommend Doubletree.

bettyj

We are pulling ours with no difficulty with a 2005 Ford 250 Diesel

bjohn said:
We are pulling ours with no difficulty with a 2005 Ford 250 Diesel

But are you within the legal weight limits for your truck.  If over the GVWR, GCVWR then one is just fooling themselves and are putting themselves and others around them at risk.  If over loaded one may not get caught but if in any accident then the potential liability consequences could be severe.

According to Trailer Life Tow Data, and Ford Dealer we are fine

I don't care what you looked at.  Ours does not weigh 20,000 lbs.  We are not dummies and we have done our homework.

davidsimmonds said:
The Mobile Suites that I have seen on the lots around here are nearly 20,000lbs GVWR. That sounds like a lot for a 3/4 ton to pull.

It is a lot.  And, according to the Doubletree website, the top end models come in at a 20,000lb GVWR, and about 15,000 tare.  Like all fivers of that caliber, you are in the F-450,550 and medium duty truck country.

You are talking about the Elite Suites GVWR that is 20,000 dry weight 15,100.  But we do not have an Elite Suite.  Ours is Mobile Suite TK3. GVWR is 17,500 Dry Weight is 13,200.  We are attending the Rally and have an opportunity to weigh the truck and the trailer separately and together.  There will be no guess work there.  If we find that we are wrong, then we will get another truck.  By all means we want to be safe.  When buying a truck give it a test drive  and have it weighed somewhere.  Then you know you are okay.  Right now we think we are.  If I were David I would do what you suggest buy the 450 if he is looking at the 38ft suites or the Elite 36ft. 

Back
Top Bottom