Downgrade List ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

satchrox

any online sites that list downgrade % for different california highways? like a "steepest list" or something? specifically asking about pacheco pass (152) and grapevine.... im familiar with grapee but wondering how much steeper pacheco is... i have to pull a 53' trailer down it, then come back up it.... with a volvo super10 and i figured someone here would know for sure....thanks

The publication you want is The Mountain Directory -- West.? You can find it at most any truck stop or online at http://www.mountaindirectory.com/.

Insofar as Pacheco Pass is concerned the Directory says that the descent eastbound is 1 mile of 6% followed by 2 miles of 5%.? ?Westbound it is 1 mile of 5% followed by 2-1/2 miles of 6%.? Brake check areas are available.? ?Less severe than Grapevine.

Tho Pacheco does not have any length issues, many California E/W mountain roads do.? With your rig you need to pay attention to kingpin-to-rear-axle length restrictions.? ?The Directory covers that information thoroughly.? Get a copy.

Thanks Carl!? That spounds like a helpful book.? Any idea of cost?? Might have to buy several to get US coverage.

Ohhhhh ... forget the cost question.  I see you provided a web link.  :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom