Drinking water hose...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

Thinking about replacing our drinking water hose. We have the white Camco one. Part of the reason for wanting to replace it is it is so rigid. Always wants to maintain a coil even after warming it up some in the sun. Is the heavier duty blue one more flexible? Less?
I know I don't want one of those collapsible hoses, just my preference and comments about not being able to use it under constant pressure.
Anyway, any more flexible drinking water hoses out there (that aren't the collapsible type)?

Oh, drinking water means potable water hose to clear up any possible confusion.

A few years ago I went to a newer white hose...Had the same problem, too rigid.

Put the old one back on  so it coils and uncoils better now.

The camco blue hoses have fairly thick walls and are fairly stiff and want to coil up, certainly not what I would call a flexible hose.

p.s. there is a thinner, floppier one sold at Wal-Mart (I forget the brand) that I use when I am just filling up the onboard water tanks, and not leaving hooked up full time.

It seems like the newer Camco's are stiffer. I recently bought two new 50 footers. A lot worse than the old ones. The swell up to a 7/8" hose with 55psi on them

darsben said:
Google NSF water hose and see the many different styles

Of course I can do that, but the reason for asking here is if anyone has something they use and like.
It can be difficult to tell how flexible something might be just by looking at it online.

Do you have one that you use and like?

Isaac-1 said:
The camco blue hoses have fairly thick walls and are fairly stiff and want to coil up, certainly not what I would call a flexible hose.

p.s. there is a thinner, floppier one sold at Wal-Mart (I forget the brand) that I use when I am just filling up the onboard water tanks, and not leaving hooked up full time.

Thanks. I'll look for a different branded one at Walmart then. Having a more flexible one when I'm filling the fresh water tank is another reason for wanting something more flexible.

Hammster said:
Of course I can do that, but the reason for asking here is if anyone has something they use and like.
It can be difficult to tell how flexible something might be just by looking at it online.

Do you have one that you use and like?

I like the white Camco but there are some interesting ones out there that looks like a small firehose and collapse absolutely flat. There are natural rubber ones for those that do not like plastics and want to avoid PBA's  I suggested you look at the options on google because I do not know you  and the selections are very varied.

Here is the  link
https://www.google.com/search?q=NSF+water+hose&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwje89_CzsXeAhWC2lMKHWrHAM8Q_AUIEigB&biw=1366&bih=643

Arch and KDB, thanks. I thought I remembered way back when the hoses I had then were more flexible than the one I have now.

NY_Dutch said:

Thank you Dutch.

For those who are suggesting collapsible hoses, I specifically said in my OP I'm NOT interested in those. For those considering suggesting those hoses, I'm STILL not interested in them.

Sorry for the vent, but it was a simple request and people choose to ignore it. Please respect my request.

I have one of those "Shrinking" hoses .. Use it for washing. WILL NOT use it for fresh water.. WHY?

Well if for any reason pressure is lost it "SHRINKS" and from others I've heard it shrinks enough to pull the inlet right off the RV.. Now THat is not all that big a problem. but a problem which is 100% avoidable.

One of my fellow campers suggested somethign like this
Wall mart link

That is one LONG url by the way

I got one (At Dollar General) and used it last two hookups. One cause my white hose was a couple inches too short and the other.. Well I just felt like it. Coils up .. Very easily. Also step on proof. and can take higher pressure than most hoses.. Hard on lawn mowers though (Better they need a new blade then me a new hose :).    Not sure if it said "Poatable" on the package but.. I filter.  twice.

Hammster said:
Thank you Dutch.

For those who are suggesting collapsible hoses, I specifically said in my OP I'm NOT interested in those. For those considering suggesting those hoses, I'm STILL not interested in them.

Sorry for the vent, but it was a simple request and people choose to ignore it. Please respect my request.

You may not be interested however others reading the thread might be. That's the nature of any forum in that comments can and often do wander off from the original post. I don't think any off topic comments are disrespectful in any sense. Just my $.02.

Click's link had a buy now option there for 50 ft, 75 ft and 100 ft hoses.

Note they are 3/8 inch ID and pricy, at $1 per foot.  They are guaranteed for life, which seems to be reasonable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom