Drive safely.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJ Stough

We cant be too careful when driving a motorhome. This happened just about an hour ago at the turnoff to the VFW BLM land just north of Yuma, Arizona on HWY 95. This wasnt us, thank God.

Attachments

• Follow Safely2.jpg
    Follow Safely2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Drive Safely 3.jpg
    Drive Safely 3.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 66
We cant be too careful when driving a motorhome. This happened just about an hour ago at the turnoff to the VFW BLM land just north of Yuma, Arizona on HWY 95. This wasnt us, thank God.
There was a fatally on I 59 in Dade County Ga. this evening. Looked like a 45 foot motorhome and toad. Do not know any details.

In the second picture there is what is left of a red minivan. According to some people I talked to, the truck pulling the camper rear ended the minivan, then the minivan spun into the other lane and the motorhome coming from the other direction hit the minivan as well. The driver of the minivan was killed and the passenger was injured and taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Here is a link to a news story, but it is not accurate. We never saw an air ambulance, and as far as I could see the only vehicles involved were the minivan, a motorhome pulling a cargo trailer, and truck pulling a camper.

Last edited:
I don’t see any red mini van in the second picture. Now in the first picture there is something off to the right which could be a minivan and it looks like it may be on the guard rail.

If you click on the second pic to expand it, the red minivan is in the picture.
Here is a better view of the minivan.

Attachments

• Safely3.jpg
    Safely3.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
From what I recall of that area, it is wide open with empty fields on either side. However, people doi speed through there and that likely was a factor.

Ed

Yes, it is pretty flat, but when you stop in the road to turn left into the VFW and people behind dont see that you are stopped in can get pretty scary.

Reminds me of returning to Detroit from my Family Christmas party... ON BLACK ICE as it turns out... CB said overturned semi ahead.

Slowed down WAY DOWN stopped (safely) when I spotted two cars one in each ditch well smashed (no injuries) Dodge Maxi Van made a good office for the Deputy to write up that half of the crash (and a truck stop the other half) and I taxied the now carless home. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom