Driver needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beachsong

I have a 2020 27 ft Grand Design Travel trailer that’s located in Wilmington Delaware. I need someone to pull it to Palm Desert.
Any info would be extremely helpful.

Attachments

• BF6BC6DB-8EA5-48C5-B024-273EBD7E48DA.jpeg
    BF6BC6DB-8EA5-48C5-B024-273EBD7E48DA.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi Beachsong, welcome to The RV Forum!

Your best bet would be to contact a professional RV transport company. Just hiring a private driver may create insurance complications if there is any damage to your trailer along the way. Technically anyone who transports cargo (like an RV) for pay across state lines has to meet the same federal regulations as big rig truckers - having a commercial permit and insurance, following hours of service regulations and stopping at scales to review their paperwork and make sure it's all in order.

There are several companies who dispatch drivers to deliver new RVs from the factories to RV dealers all around the country. Perhaps an RV dealer in your area can recommend one they use?

Adding to Lou's suggestions ...

When we were negotiating/tire kicking fifthwheels at a couple of different dealers in different parts of the country, they offered to put us in touch with local towing companies. One told me that many of their customers use uship.com.

The guy with the long gray hair just lived down the road about 25 miles from here. He died several years ago

I 2nd the question: How much are you offering? I would have to deadhead there, but I do live in California. I am assuming of course you meant Palm Desert, Cali...........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom