Drone flyers beware!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debra17

I found this sign posted at soccer field comical.  Trying to picture the osprey attacking the drone. I imagine it wouldn't be funny to the drone owner however.  :)

Attachments

• IMG_4023w.jpg
    IMG_4023w.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 90
And it's not just ospreys -- there are other birds that will occasionally do that. Searching the web for "bird attack drone" brought links to videos and forum discussions about hawk, eagle and vulture attacks, too.

Debra17 said:
I found this sign posted at soccer field comical.  Trying to picture the osprey attacking the drone. I imagine it wouldn't be funny to the drone owner however.  :)

Probably not.  Drone pilots beware.  :/  lol

Larry N. said:
And it's not just ospreys -- there are other birds that will occasionally do that. Searching the web for "bird attack drone" brought links to videos and forum discussions about hawk, eagle and vulture attacks, too.

oooo, an eagle attacking a drone would be cool to watch; long as the eagle won, of course. 

The sign is at Emerald Park soccer fields in Steamboat Springs CO. And I did see osprey so I think they are serious! Per Larry?s comment I googled and did find several videos on YouTube. There is one of an osprey and also an eagle and hawk.  They fly right at the drone and hit it with their claws knocking it to the ground.

So if you are flying your drone and see a bird of prey nearby you might want to land it.

Mockingbirds. Underrated BAs. Get your drone near a nest and it will go down.

Back
Top Bottom