Dutchstar Roof Drains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaryGraves

I just recently purchased a 2017 Newmar Dutchstar. Does anyone know if you can clear the roof drains from under the Coach in lieu of getting on the Coach roof?

Are you talking about the a/c condensation drains? If so, in other brands RVs I have owned you could blow the drain lines out with low pressure water or air. "Low" to my mind is 15-20 psi, enough to push water & debris out without jetting it into the a/c unit or bursting a line if it is badly plugged.

I've not had luck with pushing water up.... I can get to mine via a ladder w/o getting on the roof. I have a 17ft Little Giant Multi Position Ladder which is a tool I use often around the RV and use the step ladder function to reach the drains. I take a cloth, wrap it around a pistol grip water nozzle and try to direct a jet of water down the drain. I get wet but it typically works.
Have a friend with a 2017 Dutch Star and he's glad he removed the screening and keeps it off. Easy to clean then but I haven't gone that far.
I also hate RV sites with overhanging trees which just end up polluting the roof and drains.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom