DW7000 upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Ron:

My two week delivery period will soon be up.  What do I do if I have to leave for QZ before my modem arrives?  The web site says I cannot inquire about the shipment.  If it comes US mail the PO here might hold it.  I say "might" because the PO is located inside the park and they are very grouchy about holding things.  If it comes Fedex, no one will be here to receive the package.  I hope they don't leave it by the shed, as the last time I received Fedex, they left it at the door to the coach.

DW upgrade said it would not take any longer than 2 weeks and I was counting on that.  Foolish me.

Smoky,

My upgrade came via Fedex and within a week.  Some do take longer but I am not aware of any that took over 2 1/2 weeks.  A signature is required for Fedex to leave it.  I had mine shipped to my daughters and she signed for it.  Have you received you confirmation E-Mail yet?  Be sure to print out a copy of it because you will need information provided in it to perform the upgrade. I would suspect you will be receiving it Monday or Tuesday.

Smoky said:
Ron:

My two week delivery period will soon be up.? What do I do if I have to leave for QZ before my modem arrives?? The web site says I cannot inquire about the shipment.? If it comes US mail the PO here might hold it.? I say "might" because the PO is located inside the park and they are very grouchy about holding things.? If it comes Fedex, no one will be here to receive the package.? I hope they don't leave it by the shed, as the last time I received Fedex, they left it at the door to the coach.

DW upgrade said it would not take any longer than 2 weeks and I was counting on that.? Foolish me.

There is a Mailbox place in QZ -- a store front shop that will receive UPS, FedEx and such. It's the best way to get a package delivered to QZ. Perhaps you could leave a note and/or instructions at your park to have FedEx forward deliver any packages to that location.

The place is on the North side of the North frontage road just East of I95. The QZ post office does NOT accept packages nor would FedEx deliver there, but avoid having anything delivered to General Delivery, QZ this time of year. The PO there is a complete zoo during January and February -- and a pain the rest of the season. The GD pickup window extends all the way to Parker at times.

Not sure of the name of the Mailbox place right now -- but Karl would probably know. He receives all of his cheese and brat fixes there. ?:)

Bob,

The name of the place is Quiet Times. Tried finding it thru UPS and Fedex as they were agents for them, but neither lists them. Wonder if they went out of business? :-[ Seems like Lake Havasu and Parker are the only full service for Fedex, and Blythe for UPS. Love's and Pilot in QZ have service, but would need to call them to find out exactly what they can handle.

Guys, changing the delivery method and location 2 weeks after ordering is not an option.

This problem is getting much worse much faster.? I found out this morning on the RV2waysat yahoo group that DW7000 is now backordered, and others are having this same problem of not being where they said they would be for a two week period.? I see a real nightmare coming from this.? Hundreds of modems in the dead letter office with no way for customers to claim them.? Another example of a plan that does not take into account the nature of traveling RVers.? DW basically is saying we cannot call them for tracking info.

In retrospect, I should have ordered mine well ahead of the crowd.? ?:'(

I guess I am lucky that my DW6000 is working.? At worst, I can kiss my upgrade money goodbye and keep on trucking with the older stuff.? Hopefully someone on the RV2sat group will figure out the best recourse.? If you hear disappointment, it is only because I was looking forward to setting this up at QZ where I knew a lot of expert help would be nearby.? ?:D

The good news is that yesterday when I returned from my duel run and reset up the Internet sat dish I succeeded on ONE TRY!  I never even needed the OPI meter.  I returned the azimuth, elevation and skew setting to what they were before the trip, and everything booted right up!  Guess that means I have learned how to properly level the coach!  :D

And I have an extra power supply, but it's not for sale.

Ned, from what I am told, I use the same power supply on the DW7000, so I should be OK there.  I think the key for me will be to find some way to hold DW responsible, since they have my money and I do not have their modem.  I guess I made the mistake of ordering just when the crowd decided to order.  The danger of being a late adopter.  ;D

Smoky,

I would think your upgrade will be there next week.  Just a guess but I can't imagine it would take longer.  You might have to forgo arriving at QZ today but you will likely have the modem in hand so you can get there on the same day we plan to arrive (the 20th).  When I ordered my upgrade I planned for a possible two week delivery and had it shipped to my daughters house where we would be for the holidays.  It arrived less than a week after I ordered it and was waiting for me when we arrived.

Not all 6000 power supplies work with the 7000.  Ask Karl, he found out the hard way.

Smoky,

I'll call my sister in Waukesha, WI today. Chances are your modem is already there. It's a lonnnng story; something for the campfire at QZ ;D ;D ;D

And as Ned said, don't count on your power supply to work. Another lonnnng story, etc.....!

Smoky said:
Guys, changing the delivery method and location 2 weeks after ordering is not an option.

Smoky, I wasn't suggesting "changing" method or location. I suggested leaving a note at your park office, or on the shed on your site -- anywhere the FedEx person would find it. The note would tell them to "forward" the package to the QZ FedEx location. That does work as I have done it several times w/deliveries.

The worse scenario is that Tom Hanks will bring it directly to your door 4 years from now. ?:)

Ned said:
Not all 6000 power supplies work with the 7000.? Ask Karl, he found out the hard way.

I don't expect the power supply to be a problem since Smoky's 6000 isn't that old. ?I believe Karl's 6000 was a much earlier one and that may have made a difference.

The power supplies have exactly the same part numbers yet one works and the other doesn't.  But it would be like Hughes to change the specs and not change the P/N or rev. level.  My PS is rev. B, Karl, what is your bad one's rev. level?

I knew the ratings and P/N were the same, I didn't know the rev. levels were too.  Something changed, we just don't know what.

Better mark the bad one so you don't use it by mistake :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom