Dynatrac Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shearhawk

Anybody here of Dynatrac Tires.  Who makes them and are they good tires?

Thanks,
Randy

shearhawk said:
Anybody here of Dynatrac Tires.? Who makes them and are they good tires?

Thanks,
Randy

I have never heard of Dynatrac tires.  I feel tires can have a direct effect on your the owners safety so I tend not to experiment with unknown brands or Michelin tires.  We have Goodyear 670RV tires on our coach.  Personally from the apparent lack of information on Dynatrac tires I would avoid them.

Ron,
What problems did you have with Michelin tires?  I have only had excellent experience with Michelins and will buy them again the next time I need tires.
Jake

Ron,

I'm in need of new tires since ours are 7 years old. I am looking at the G670's. Steve said they made a world of difference in ride. What are your experiences? I have priced them here in CT and the cheapest I've found are around $489/each!!

Jim,

We have the G670s on the front axle and they have been no trouble.  Paid $294/ea from Wingfoot in Phoenix.

Jim Dick said:
Ron,

I'm in need of new tires since ours are 7 years old. I am looking at the G670's. Steve said they made a world of difference in ride. What are your experiences? I have priced them here in CT and the cheapest I've found are around $489/each!!

Jim,

I paid $296 last July in Canton, Ohio. With cost of equal balancing, shop supplies, old tire disposal, taxes and everything else they stick you with it was $345 each total out the door.

Back in the 80's when we lived on a gravel road, I had Michelin tires on my car and had alot of trouble with tread separation.
Switched to Goodyear and the problem was solved.

Hi Ned & Don,

Thanks for the feedback. Will try pricing in FL and see if they are much cheaper. One place wanted around $550 each! CT is not the place to find deals.

Jim

I'm buying two new G-670's 295 80R. 22.5 at Les Schwabb's for $450 a piece total price balanced & all...Other people posting are not including their tire sizes & it makes a big difference.

Good point, ours are 275/70R22.5 H G670RV.  For comparison the 255/70R22.5H G169RSA on the rear axle were $260, bought in 2002.

We are completely satisfied so far with the Goodyear 670RV/s Nicer  ride than we had with the G159 tires we replaced.  I don't think you can do better as far as tires goes but that price is about $100 too high.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim

I'm buying two new G-670's 295 80R. 22.5 at Les Schwabb's for $450 a piece total price balanced & all...Other people posting are not including their tire sizes & it makes a big difference.

Terry,

Mine are 275 80R 22.5. What does Les get for those??

Jim

>>Mine are 275 80R 22.5. What does Les get for those??<<

Heck at that size...almost free.<G>

Give them a call @ 800-257-8430 & they will give you a quick quote.

Jim,

i purchased 6 Goodyears RV 670, 295.80R.22.5 at Les Schwab in Livermore CA. Paid $ 393.49 each which included installing, Equal balancing, Tax,disposal etc. and trade in for the 6 years old tyres with 60K miles on it.

chris

chrpennings said:
Jim,

and trade in for the 6 years old tyres with 60K miles on it.

chris

I am curious. Did they give you money, "trade in," for six year old tires?

Had very bad experience with tires made by Michelin in the 70/s.  Wouldn't use them again on anything we own.
Geez, Ron, Talk about holding a grudge! I understand we're even doing business with Germany and Japan again... Go figure ;D

Seriously, Michelin has become a leading manufacturer of quality tires and, while I wouldn't try to convince anyone as to which brand is best, I would have no qualms about replacing my Michelin tires with another set, and will do so next year. Having no particular love for France won't stop me from buying them. Hey, they buy American cars too!

As long as you don't ever have a warranty claim on the Michelins you will probably be OK but if you do get a tire from a bad batch you may be in for a big hassle getting Michelin to admit they made a bad tire. I will stick with Goodyear.  Have never had a problem with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom