E450 Is This The Front End Jacking Location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCSU Dad

The diagram in the owners manual is poorly done and as clear as mud. I think I've found what they describe as a pin to place the jack under to lift.
Also the owners manual shows a jack in its diagrams - I can't find mention of the jack location or find it in the RV.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• RV Front Jacking Point.jpg
    RV Front Jacking Point.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 20
If you have the proper jack for that stud, then yes. The proper jack for that stud will have a foot designed for that stud to sit in it securely, shaped like a U (Or at lest bent in a inverted hump shape to prevent the stud from moving). Do not use any kind of jack that has a flat foot on it as it will be unsafe and could slide off the jack. Also make sure you put a jackstand under there too, you can put the jackstand under the flat portion of the I-beam.

Thanks crawford111 & NSRV. I have a 12 ton bottle jack that I was going to use. It does not have the u shape which makes perfect sense to have. It would be great to find a retro fit for bottle jacks where I could screw out the threaded extender and replace with one that has the u shape. Looks like what I found in the picture might work. You place this over the ram.

PS - I've read it's the RV manufactures that remove the jack, handle, and lug wrench from the truck. Speculation is they don't want the owner trying to jack the weight of an RV.

Attachments

• RV Jack Lift Pad.jpg
    RV Jack Lift Pad.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks crawford111 & NSRV. I have a 12 ton bottle jack that I was going to use. It does not have the u shape which makes perfect sense to have. It would be great to find a retro fit for bottle jacks where I could screw out the threaded extender and replace with one that has the u shape. Looks like what I found in the picture might work. You place this over the ram.

PS - I've read it's the RV manufactures that remove the jack, handle, and lug wrench from the truck. Speculation is they don't want the owner trying to jack the weight of an RV.

Yes that piece in your picture will work if it fits securely/properly/safely.

You are also correct that the RV manufacturers do remove roadside tools and spare. Why? Liability. You buy the RV from them, you get a flat and try to change the flat with the factory supplied tools, RV falls off the flimsy roadside jack, you get injured/killed and the RV manufacturer is hit with a lawsuit. Its easier for them to remove that stuff and tell you to call road side assistance. My '18 Jayco Redhawk states in the owners manual that the RV IS NOT supplied with that stuff because of the fact that its "dangerous" and that you should call roadside assistance....

While I always under stood that but a regular c class has 16 in LT tir pick up tire's changing them not a big deal. once they get to 19.5 and 22.5 rims then that's when I agree with them I won't even try. My c class I changed many times because of rear blowout. Finely moved to 22.5 inch tires never a problem.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I have been raising mine putting the jack under the front cross members. NP

I bought a 12 ton bottle jack and found it takes 100 strokes to fully extend the piston. Me squeezed underneath the rear of the RV working the handle was a miserable task.
So I bought a "quick lift" bottle jack 20 ton rating and have not compared the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom