Early Morning Fishing On The New River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took a little walk Saturday morning from our cabin to do a little fishing on the New River (Mouth of Wilson, VA). Left the cabin before sunrise and got to the river just at sunrise.
Where are pics of the fish?

Noticed a barbed wire fence in the picture. Good thing there wasn't a bull inside or the little walk may have turned into a run. ;)

No fish that day. There are trout and small mouth bass in the new river. There are cows there but no bulls. The cows belong to the family that we purchased our property from. It’s a beautiful area and secluded. Folks around that area are always asking if you need any help. It’s a nice environment. Our son’s truck broke down on a busy two lane road. The folks that lived where he broke down told him to push his truck into their yard. Said he was welcome to leave it there as long as it took to fix it. We found a used drive shaft for $75. Our son took the folks some ribeyes. They were quite happy with them.

Got chased up a tree by a bull when I was fishing the Bear River in Wyoming 40 years ago. He stayed underneath the tree for a half hour pawing the ground. Scary stuff!!

Said he was welcome to leave it there as long as it took to fix it. We found a used drive shaft for $75. Our son took the folks some ribeyes. They were quite happy with them.

Wow! That's some expensive parking - LOL...

Great photo BTW.

During covid I bought a little tin boat and all the gear needed to Bass fish. Caught one 6 inch Bass - LOL... Been too dang busy to get out since - soon...

Ah yes, aren't those morning fishing trips awesome. This is my lake out my back door. Since I retired, I haven't gotten up early enough to catch the early morning fishing, but what the heck. I have the rest of my life, and only have to grab my fishing pole as I walk down to the lake.DSC_2904 (Large).jpeg

And here's the fish. Lots of these in this lake.
100_0477 (Large).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom