Easiest tow route Flaming Gorge to Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatLightning

We want to do Teton NF and Yellowstone, if it's manageable to get there from our stop at Flaming Gorge.
Flattest route website has this route; seems ok. Has anyone done this route, or have a better route with lower grades to suggest?

Screenshot_20210617-085343.pngScreenshot_20210617-085118.png

We take the 191 through Pinedale and it's a good route all the way to Jackson.

Not been the route you are suggesting but I'd be careful about the county road in case it's not a maintained one.

I agree with Jackiemac.
191 is a pretty easy run from Rock Springs to Yellowstone. WY 372 to 189 seems a bit out of the way, and won't save you from any significant grades.

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, every single campground in the YNP area is sold out for August 😞, so we're going to have to skip it this trip. But, we did get a week on Lake Cascade in Idaho! 🙌😄

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, every single campground in the YNP area is sold out for August 😞, so we're going to have to skip it this trip. But, we did get a week on Lake Cascade in Idaho! 🙌😄
To reserve a campsite in Yellowstone or Teton area in the summer, I think you need to start shopping in the Fall.
OR you need to settle for the NPS campgrounds, and get in line.
back in January, I was trying to find a spot at Colter Bay for August and had no luck.

To reserve a campsite in Yellowstone or Teton area in the summer, I think you need to start shopping in the Fall.
OR you need to settle for the NPS campgrounds, and get in line.
back in January, I was trying to find a spot at Colter Bay for August and had no luck.
Yep. I'm glad we have been able to find some really nice spots for longer stay reservations along our route, since it's peak season; doing a bunch of COE spots, private campgrounds, 1 KOA, and that resort in Idaho. Most of our quick overnight stops are meh, whatever, lol, but none of those are dumps either. I've been using at least 3 different sites to check reviews for each stop. Planning a trip this big is crayzeee 🤣

We landed a spot for August in West Yellowstone for only 5 of the 7 days we wanted in January.

The park is hard to get.....

Back
Top Bottom