East Central Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J32952

Heading to Jetty Park a few days..will try for Pompano in the surf and maybe live bait Snook off the Jetty.  Water is still very warm, lots of Tarpon nearshore, lots of Kings, Spanish and little blues.  Leaving the boat home, so shore time for me.
  Btw: I live in this area and fish often.  If you are headed this way you are welcome to message me for recent reports, tips etc.

New to RV, so very limited knowledge. If near Port Canaveral, Jetty Park.
  Jan options: freshwater (St Johns River) the Shad run should be starting.  Ultra light or fly.  In the Lakes of the St Johns will be ?speck?, known as Crappie elsewhere. 
  Sal****er: ?rivers? of the Indian River Lagoon.  Sleep in and wait till waters warm. Hopefully clean so you can sightfish larger SeaTrout & Redfish (red drum). Even if it doesn?t clear with cooling waters, rivers hold Trout, Reds, Black drum, Ladyfish and small Gray Snapper around bridges.  No tides (except near Ponce and Sebastian)
  Nearshore: Spanish mackerel should be thick. Small Bluefish.  Maybe some Pompano in the surf. Whiting in the surf
  Offshore: Kingfish often around.  If a strong cold front Sailfish.  If a warm blast and SE winds could be early Dolphinfish run.

We were at Manatee Hammock County Park last weekend and our neighbor was fishing. He said the fishing was great. The Indian River is in the east of the campground. I didn't do any fishing.

Accurate reports every Tuesday here. https://spacefishreport.com/fishing-report-11-13-2018/

Not my site, but I know most of the Capt?s who report.  Worth checking if going to this area

Great review. I cant wait to head your way.
Thanks for the tips, if you ever get to Northern CA hit me up I have a houseboat on Shasta and fished that area my whole life.
How do you like the East Central area? We are new to RV also and traveling for a few years thinking about buying in FL. Any cities or towns we should know about?
I never thought about river fishing in FL. Sounds amazing. We have a shad run In the Sacramento river and they are fun to catch.

Chris

CJAG said:
Great review. I cant wait to head your way.
Thanks for the. How do you like the East Central area? We are traveling for a few years thinking about buying in FL. Any cities or towns we should know about? I never thought about river fishing in FL. Sounds amazing. We have a shad run In the Sacramento river and they are fun to catch.

Chris
I have been living in central Florida (St Cloud) for the past six years and I positively love it here. I wear shorts, sandals and a polo shirt every single day. The weather is almost always perfect. The people are really nice, lot rent is cheap, billions of birds to photograph and many exciting things to do here. Orlando gets more tourists than any other place in the country (60 million/year) and so we don't have state income taxes and all the other taxes are very reasonable. I just renewed the registration on my car and it was $43 for the year. And that included late fees since I paid it a few months late. Most people who hate the Florida weather cite the heat and humidity. But neither one bothers me at all. I am comfortable every single day. And since I am so far inland none of the hurricanes have bothered me at all. And if I want to fish I could do it in my backyard.

Attachments

• My backyard.jpg
    My backyard.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Cranes.jpg
    Cranes.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 14
As a fellow Bird watcher (Amature) and a ravid fisherman the wife and I are excited to see your world. Our friends are trying to talk us in the Villages. But I am not sure that is my style.
Thanks for the tips. We will Visit your world soon.

CJAG said:
As a fellow Bird watcher (Amature) and a ravid fisherman the wife and I are excited to see your world. Our friends are trying to talk us in the Villages. But I am not sure that is my style.
Thanks for the tips. We will Visit your world soon.
I didn't find out about the Villages until I was settled in here or I would have gone there. Fantastic place. Have you looked at my photos? The bird watching down here is fantastic. Fishing is pretty darn good too.

CJAG said:
Amazing photos. What kind of camera and lens?
Thank you very much for your kind words. My photos cover a lot of years and a lot of different cameras. This doesn't show the lenses but shows my camera progression from age 8 till now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nRjio4jZVmWXDZ69

Moving here...like everyone except developers since about 1679..we got here first and trying to close the door behind us.  Lol.  We love Florida..except the increasing traffic and stress on the environment created by too many people.  This is a physically large state with very different climates, terrain, foliage and attitudes.  I hesitate to recommend any specific place without knowing what someone is looking for.  Good friends with RV visited 3 winters in a row, traveling and spending a week or 2 in various areas.  They ended up far SW corner of state. The Gulf side differs from the Atlantic. North, central, south all very different.  Please come visit, enjoy, explore.  Bring a fishing pole?

J32952 said:
Moving here...like everyone except developers since about 1679..we got here first and trying to close the door behind us.  Lol.  We love Florida..except the increasing traffic and stress on the environment created by too many people.  This is a physically large state with very different climates, terrain, foliage and attitudes.  I hesitate to recommend any specific place without knowing what someone is looking for.  Good friends with RV visited 3 winters in a row, traveling and spending a week or 2 in various areas.  They ended up far SW corner of state. The Gulf side differs from the Atlantic. North, central, south all very different.  Please come visit, enjoy, explore.  Bring a fishing pole?
When I was a construction electrician in the 70s I was working in Ventura County which was the fastest growing county in the country along with Orange County. Both were neighbors to LA. Where I worked there were lemon fields everywhere. A developer would buy a lemon grove and tear down a tract of lemon trees and build phase one. When phase one sold out they would tear down a bunch more lemon trees and start in on phase two. Well this really pissed off the people in phase one. And the running joke was the first thing the phase one buyers would do after moving in was to start a petition to allow no more lemon trees to be torn down. Now that I am here no one else can move here.

Back
Top Bottom