East Tennessee and new 2021 Sunset Trail 288BH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lakedog

First trip in the books with 2021 Sunset Trail 288 BH. We went to Townsend, Tennessee and stayed at Little River Campground.  Since it was November the neighbors were few. Only issues we had were a too short potable water hose and a too short sewer hose.
Went to the local ACE hardware and picked up a hose, and Swedish Log.  The crap firewood they sell doesn't burn any time, but the Swedish log lasted about 2.5 hours.
Talked to a guy from Alabama that pulled a 25 foot Zinger on a super duty without a weight distribution or sway hitch. He said he white knuckled it all the way, and his wife won't ride with him.  I don't blame her.  We discussed that he needed a good hitch rather than the hardware store Reese hitch.
It was chilly at night, but the camper propane heater did a great job.  I used about half a tank of propane with the heater and cooking.  We did invest in an electric oil filled heater to save on propane.
The water hoses were a bit difficult to handle when it was chilly in the morning.  They were stiff and didn't roll up well.  Since we are going to continue 4 seasons camping, finding cold resistant hoses will be a must.
The camper has a front gray tank, and rear grey/black tank.  I have a rhino hose with a Y, but the hoses didn?t reach together.  No big deal, but I have to get a extension sewer hose. Dumping is a breeze, except removing the caps under the frame is a pain.  I think I am going to replace the caps with ones that have handles.
After my wife?s birthday we moved to Warrior Path State Park in Kingsport, TN. The campground wasn?t full on Thursday, but Friday was packed.  We got one of the last sites, and while it said it was for a 40 foot, there was a slope on the back of the site that I almost laid my bumper on. Side to side level was an inch or so, but the front was up on five 2x8 leveling boards.  I have the plastic levelers, but am going to cut another set on 2x8x12 boards.
Unfortunately we had a family tragedy and had to leave before we were supposed to.  Breaking down was done in a hurry, but went well.  Driving home three hours in the dark was uneventful, truck and trailer pulled well.  Gas mileage 7.5-8.3 average on trip.
Picture is of my daughters dogs. We had ours too.

Attachments

• 4469C0F9-607D-471F-837E-7A058D64E19F.jpeg
    4469C0F9-607D-471F-837E-7A058D64E19F.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom