Eastern Sierra BD options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obiwan Canoli

Planning to head out toward Lee Vining - Mammoth Lakes - Bishop area to do some boondocking, wondered if anyone has a recommendation, yay or nay...?

Thanks!

Crowley Lake BLM campground. It's a dry campground with pit toilets and a nice view of Crowley Lake and it's only around $8/night.
I'm currently managing all the USFS campgrounds from Convict Lake down to Tom's Place(Rock Creek Canyon). Lots of first come, first serve sites with flush toilets available, but they're more expensive.
Another option is to go to the website freecampsites.net and search the Crowley Lake area . Lots of free sites show up in the area.

Thanks, Wally, that was very helpful. I've researched sites on freecampsites.net, but it's helpful to have feedback from people like you who've been there, and could warn me about sites NOT to consider, as well as sites ideal for my needs.

Thanks again for your post!

MJ

If you have time when you make it to the area, stop by. I'm parked at French Camp campground, just up the hill from Tom's Place. Just ask a host how to find my rig.

When we traveled down the 395 back in 2019, we found a massive area called Glass creek road. I think it was South of Mammoth lakes on the West side of the highway. Entrance was right opposite a highways workshop.

Glass creek is north of mammoth turnoff, nice campground and is free. The only problem is all calif national forests are closed until the 17th of Sept or until further notice. Before you get to glass creek, there is big springs camping area and it is free. Your best bet right now is BLM land where you can pretty much camp anywhere but you can not have a campfire.
Have a nice trip. George

I thought that at the moment all BLM land in California was also closed to camping?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom