Econ 14BB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee1940

I hate being the new kid on the block but I'm new to this forum and new to the Econ 14 BB we just bought. Does anyone here have a similar trailer?Its a 2013.

Welcome to the Forum!  We're all the new kid once!

I do not have THAT camper. Many components and functions are common across most models.  Do you have specific questions or issues?  We are here to help!

Yes, one specific and then just want to know how others that might own a similar trailer like or dislike it.
Concern is this; the trailer had the floor replaced a year ago (I have the documents) due to a water leak. The floor under the dinette feels springy, I want to know if that is normal for this unit. 

Sorry, I can not answer that.

Has the leak been fixed?  Roofs need at least annual inspections for potential issues like caulk cracking or cracks around the edges.  Water can also leak through window openings.
To me, springy may be poor floor support, like too few joists.  Spongy would be water damage.  If the leak is completely fixed, the floor does not need replaced unless it is bothersome.  It should get no worse.  The real issue is to verify the leak was repaired

Thank you, the leak was from the water heater which was replaced at the time of the floor repair. I tend to think its too little support under the floor too. Thank you for your thoughts.

Are you a big guy?  Seems they always use thin wood for light weight.  Can you crawl under the TT and see / access the area that concerns you? 

Mystery solved. There is no frame support under that section of the floor which confirms my suspicions. They need to cut weight to make it a light weight trailer and because that section of the floor is under the dinette table they must figure no one will be walking on it. That is mostley true, we did only because the table is out for some modifications.
Meanwhile;e I figure I have the only Econ 14BB trailer around as no other owners have admitted to having one ::)
Thanks for all the ideas about this.
Lee

When you first posted, I looked at this model on RVTrader, just so I knew what you had, so I know they exist ;D  With that said, of the active members of the Forum, this was the first reference to this specific brand I remember.

Back
Top Bottom