El Paso Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

This 11 year old boy named Ruben has the right idea.

I certainly am in and will gladly do this.

We need less hate and more compassion.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/11-old-starts-el-paso-192127801.html

I am not wanting to start a political discussion, just saying we could use more kindness.

I was brought up that way as many of you were, I need to practice it more though.
I'm a sucker for helping out older folks. I vow to do more of that.
Thanks for the reminder Bill!

Update:

Just a reminder about Ruben's idea.

I am an old guy so the easiest random act of kindness that I can do usually involves the person behind me at checkout.

Subway sandwich store is the easiest, usually just a sandwich or two.

My other easy one is Safeway supermarket.  The other day a little old lady was behind me at checkout,  she had what appeared to be a carefully chosen cart of food items like someone on a budget.  I told the checkout lady about Ruben's idea and gave her my ATM card.

The old lady started to cry, the checkout lady started to cry and I....bit my lower lip and pushed my cart out the door.

Now the second part of this post is sure to make you smile.

Renae spent two weeks with her kids and grandkids.  While there she gave her grandaughter a pink hair band.  She wore it the entire time.  The other day while shopping I found two packages of hair bands, one was all solid colors and the other was colors with designs.

I put them in an overnight package for the sweet little princess cowgirl.

Attachments

• rIMG_7858.jpg
    rIMG_7858.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 36
  • rIMG_5636.jpg
    rIMG_5636.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 33
We were at a restaurant for our son?s birthday last month. It was my wife, me, our son, two grandkids and our daughter and son in law. My wife brought balloons and party favors. There was a young couple with a small child sitting behind us. Our son noticed the baby admiring a party hat someone was wearing so he took it to their table and gave it to the baby. Our daughter gave the baby a small balloon. The young couple paid and left. Our server came to our table just after they left and told our son they had paid $100 of our bill. Our son tried to catch them in the parking lot but was too late. My wife sent a message on FB to Dover AFB Public Affairs but they said they could not post personal articles. It was a nice thing to do. We wish we could thank them. We will pass it forward.

I was at KFC near the end of last month and a woman and her teenage daughter were at the cash register trying to buy a bucket of chicken.  They didn't have enough cash and both of their credit (EBT?) cards were declined.

I went to one side and quietly handed the cashier a $20 bill.  Her jaw dropped.  I told the mother and daughter to enjoy their meal.

When I got to the register and placed my order, the manager came over and refused to take my money.

Very cool folks. I posted here about some stranger buying our lunch. I don't think I look like I can't afford it.
But Bill is right, we can certainly do without the hatred.

several years ago at a National park we pulled up to the kiosk and the ranger said the couple in front had "paid forward" the entrance fee.
I have the senior pass, so i said to pay it forward again to the next car in line.

like you say, less hatred more compassion is a good thing.

Back in the 70's there was a bumper sticker campaign - "Courtesy is contagious - spread it around!"

It was mostly aimed at drivers, but works well in other areas.  ;D ;D ;D

I really love it when i see people doing nice things for other people, i help when i can and when it is safe to do so.  But as much as i love to see people doing good things for others, i am often weary when someone does something nice for me, guess im just not used to it.

A good friend is one of the most kind, generous people I have ever met but gets upset if someone wants to do something special for her. She insists on two checks if we go out for dinner and was uncomfortable when I slipped one past her, now she thinks she owes me.
My nephew was second to arrive at a walk in medical clinic and people quickly queued up behind him waiting for the door to open. The first was an eldely gentleman who waited in his car until the line started to move, he was unable to stand for any length of time. Lucas told him you were here first you go ahead, everyone else just looked at their shoes and said nothing. I'm proud of him.

My wife and I went to fairly high end restaurant to celebrate our 55th anniversary last June. We were looking at some cards that had come in our mail that day when our waitress asked us how long we'd been married. We told her, and she announced it to the whole place bringing us a round of applause that we thanked everyone for. When I asked for our check after our meal, she told us someone had already paid it including the tip, but did not want to be identified. It was our first visit to that restaurant and that town!

Back
Top Bottom