Electric Issue- 70s Holiday Rambler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewRver19

I am new to RV's and Campers. I just purchased a older model Holiday Rambler "70s'. It doesn't have any of the cables to hook up the electric. I purchased a connection online but it doesn't match up to my camper I haven't been able to find the right one. I have attached a Photo of my hook up on the Rambler. The L shape pin is on the wrong direction compared to all the cables I can find online. If anyone with more knowledge could point me in the right direction to get the cable I need.

Attachments

• issue.jpg
    issue.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 34
NewRver19 said:
  I am new to RV's and Campers. I just purchased a older model Holiday Rambler "70s'. It doesn't have any of the cables to hook up the electric. I purchased a connection online but it doesn't match up to my camper I haven't been able to find the right one. I have attached a Photo of my hook up on the Rambler. The L shape pin is on the wrong direction compared to all the cables I can find online. If anyone with more knowledge could point me in the right direction to get the cable I need.

nothing odd about it. It is a NEMA L50-30 120 volt 30 amp plug. Very common. The problem is now a days the trailer end of an RV cord has a locking ring on it which your rig doesn't have. So you will have Change the trailer plug to a locking ring type. I have attached 2 links to Amazon. Both items can be purchased a Amazon.  Go to camping world and look at there stuff and ask questions then go to Amazon and buy your stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=30+amp+rv+extension+cord+with+twist+lock+female+end&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.amazon.com/EPICORD-30Amp-Power-Receptacle-Stainless/dp/B07GKX7L3H/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=30+amp+rv+receptacle&qid=1554009850&s=gateway&sr=8-12

What Cavie said....

Welcome to the RV Forum NewRver19

You want to make sure that plug gets a good connection....So a new updated plug is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom