Electric leveling systems for Class C ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steph

Anyone have any experience with these on a Class C??? ????? Would be great if it works like it says to level and stabilize the RV.?
I have found one called PowerPlus.
Looks like we will be keeping ours for a while so this would be a great thing for my husband if it works.?? ?
Thanks for the help. :)

Getting them in the Correct place, so as not to damage the frame could be tricky.  Would probably void any warranty.    good Luck

I would probably check with the dealer first and have a professional install them.  Right now we use manual jacks. 
Anyone else have any info????
Thanks.

Check with HWH and the other jack manufacturers.  I know HWH makes hydraulic jacks for class C motor homes, and perhaps the others do to.

Thanks Ned.? Will do.
Do you think it would void the warranty?? I don't see why it would.? ???

Certainly should not affect your warranty if they're installed and used correctly.

Thanks Ned.? That is what I was thinking.? I have found some great information on HWH's website and they do have them for Class Cs.? There is a RV dealer close by that installs them so we will talk to them as well.?
Thanks again.?

If not installed by an authorized dealer  Warranty is null and void. Got to show reciept.

Shayne said:
If not installed by an authorized dealer Warranty is null and void. Got to show reciept.

Do you mean authorized dealer for the RV type or for the leveling systems?? Who do I show a receipt to??? Is that just if it needs something done under warranty.? ?A receipt for the installation I assume?? ????? Sorry but I am fairly new at this.
Thanks.

They would have to be authorized by the manufacture for the MHto continue warranty on the vehicle. At least this was the policy in the past.  Also it would have to be a dealer installed jack system.  I'm not sure if that is a MH dealer or jack Dealer  but would think a MH dealer.  Manufacturers don't generally recognize other dealers. unless it's appliance, genset, banks pak or somehting along those lines.

Unless the manufacturer can show the jacks caused a warrantable problem they would have no effect on the warranty.  This is federal law.

If you are truly serious, contact the jack manufacturer and see if they have recommendations for your chassis.  I presume that the chassis is one of the standard ones like a Ford 350 or 450 etc.  If so they probably have the information on where and how to install jacks.

I had jacks installed on a class A with a Ford F-53 chassis because the RV manufacturer would not on that model MH.  Worked fine for the 7+ years we owned that MH. 

Go for it!!

Does anyone know of anyone having done this and how it worked out for them?? I haven't found any info on people with experience with doing this on a Class C.?

James we are pretty serious about it so we will contact the manufacturer.? We were hoping to upgrade to a Class A but don't know if financially that will be possible for a good while.? It would be nice to have this feature added to our Class C.? (if it works)
It is a Ford chasis.? 450 I think.? We have a 31 foot Coachmen Freelander.

RV Roamer I will check those makers too.? I have just looked at HWH.?

Thanks Ned & Shayne for your input on the warranty.? We will be sure to make sure before we do anything but I wouldn't think it should be a big issue.
We won't have the dealership where we purchased it take care of it.?? :mad:? We found out after we had purchased ours about all the problems they have with their service department or lack there of I should say.? Well, at least we got a pretty good deal.?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom