Electrical problems Winnabego Vectra 40KD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobertErickson

I am on the road in Florida Keys. On my drive down I lost all of my dashboard gauges. I called Winnabego and they refered me to Freightliner. They in turn said they are not working on any RV's in Florida at this time??? Very odd. I am now stuck trying to troubleshoot this problem. Hope anyone on here can help me get closer to a solution or troubleshooting that might help me zero in on the problem.
Thanks
Erick

First, welcome to the Forum. Not an expert in your motorhome, but, with my truck, I check the simple stuff first. Have you checked the fuses?

What Freightliner dealer? Was it Fronrath in Hialeah?
Call 1 800 FTL HELP. They will help you. You can call any time.

I had a similar intermittent problem with my 2005 Vectra. I did not fix it; it happened during a test drive and the previous owner got it fixed before I bought it. Turned out to be a relay that supplied voltage to the entire dashboard. Since your problem is continuous it should be relatively easy to diagnose; fuse or breaker is a good guess but if that isn't it check the relay. you could band aid it by separately supplying 12v. to the 12v. bus for the dashboard.

I called Winnabego and they refered me to Freightliner. They in turn said they are not working on any RV's in Florida at this time???
Who or what "Freightliner" said this? Freightliner motorhome chassis are built by a separate corporation than Freightliner trucks - you need to talk to Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp at that 1-800-FTL-HELP number. Or a Freightliner OASIS dealer (the ones who do service motorhomes). I know Ocala Freightliner (Ocala - central Fl) services motorhomes

Back
Top Bottom