email while being a sunbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollie

I use Road Runner here at home ... I am told that they do not put you on vacation when you leave for the winter they just disconnect.  My question is this ... what good ways have you found for an email provider .... I will need to change this winter and I don't want to have to change back again.  Thanks
Rollie

The best longterm solution is to register your own domain name and buy email services for that domain.  For instance, we own the nedreiter.com domain and use that for our personal email addresses.  Registering a domain can cost <$10/year and email services can be purchased very reasonably from places like GoDaddy.com and others.

If you don't want to do that, then get GMail addresses.  They're free, have huge storage capabilities (right now about 2.6GB per address) and can be accessed from any computer with a browser, and also accessed from most email programs using POP3.

Since you have Road Runner, you probably have cable. My cable company, Brighthouse, offers a choice of internet providers so I chose Earthlink. I pay a minimum fee for Earthhlinks unlimited phone access in areas where there is no wireless or I can't use Ntnl Access. Unfortunately, I too can't stop the cable service while I'm gone from home or I lose my Earthlink. Since I only travel about 3-4 months of the year it's OK with me.

Thanks for the tips ... this is the reason that this is a great forum ... I now have a gmail account ... no hassle and best of all no cost!!
Thanks

Unfortunately, I too can't stop the cable service while I'm gone from home or I lose my Earthlink.
Switch over to Roadrunner on your Brighthouse account, Bruce. Then you can stop the cable service without losing your RR email account. RR also has a dial up alternative for use when you are away from home. I haven't used it in a couple years, but it's free (or used to be - haven't checked recently)

Back
Top Bottom