Enclosed car hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvrrat

I have a Carson trailer enclosed hauler w/ a drop down rear door. The spring on the door is a coil type, similar to a house rollup type. When opening/closing the door I strain every muscle Ive got to lift it. Does anyone know how to adjust the door or the tension before my back goes completly south?? thanks Paul

If the spring truly is a coil type like used on garage doors then it will have some holes in the collar on one side and one or two set screws. You use two round steel bars to fit into the holes, loosen the set screw and then tighten the spring by turning the collar with the steel bars.
That said, THIS CAN BE A DANGEROUS PROCESS, depending on the power of that spring. A garage door spring can break an arm or do other bodily damage if it gets loose or one of the bars gets thrown. Your spring may not be that strong but I would still be very careful.

Woody

Best check with a garage door installer and let him do it  Won't take but a couple of minutes.

I was thinking the same. I could even take it to the garage door shop. Those things scare me if they ever broke.... thanks for the advice all

Back
Top Bottom