Engine Heater/AC fan about worthless, need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TNROY

I have a 1998 Winnebago 32' Brave on a chev p-30 chassis. My problem is that the heater/ac fan up under the dash (the automotive one) doesn't seem to move much air thru the heater/defroster/ac vents in the front of the motorhome - even at the highest setting.

I believe I read somewhere in the past about an aftermarket fan replacement that actually works!! If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Does air move thorugh OK on the outside vent setting?  If it does, the problem is with the "heater door", which gates air flow either through the heater and/or a/c air cooler. It probably isn't opening/closing as needed and air isn't flowing.  Sometimes these are vacuum operated and a hose falls off or gets pinched. Others may be electrical (solenoid) operated.

An a/c repair shop can probably fix it for you.

Thanks, Roamer, for the advice. I will check to make sure all of the connections (electrical and vacuum) are tight. However, when listening to the fan motor it simply doesn't seem to be running very fast at any setting - at least not like the one in my car. When increasing the fan speed it can barely be heard, or felt, it seems that it is not increasing as indicated in the controls.

I thought I remembered from my previous involvement in this forum that this problem is not that uncommon. I kinda' remembered someone suggesting that there was an aftermarket assembly that actually made the ac/heater work like in their car.

In any case, I will continue to search, hopefully someone will have additional suggestions. thanks for the  help.

I don't know if the heater control for a GM based motorhome is wired similarly to the GM cars, but in the cars, the high speed for the fan has a separate relay and inline fuse to avoid the high current through the switch.  If the low speed settings work, and the high speed doesn't, look for the fuse under the hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom