Escape from LA to Seattle Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Treeman

We will be picking up our Lazydaze 26.5 MB Class C in the Pasadena area on Feb 3 (Friday) getting fuel, propane, and food. Staying the night so we don't get hit by the Friday rush hour traffic. Starting out Saturday, we will be sneaking out via I-10 to I-248 then cutting across on Hwy-126 towards Ventura and Hwy-101.
We have some friends in Santa Barbara and will stay a couple of days. Then heading North on Hwy-101 to Gilroy, and making a right on Hwy-152 to hook back up with I-5 and the rest of the trip home.
I intend to drive no more than 4 hours per day since this is a new rig, and I'm an old rig. The users manual says to vary speeds during engine break-in, so that's my excuse!

Just wondering if any other folks on the forum have taken this route.
What is the good, bad & ugly of this route? We figure about two weeks spent getting back. Stopping at decent RV parks, for showers & supplies. My buddy is coming along, since the wife will be staying home.
We won't be doing much cooking at all, relying on restaurants for most of the trip. We are shipping the basics (sleeping bags, rain gear, tools, chains, etc.,) down to LazyDaze so we will have a minimal amount of gear. The only clothes we will have, will be in two carry-on bags.

Since we both are new to the RV lifestyle we plan to take the challenges as they come. Some sage words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Treeman

Taking Hwy 152 to avoid San Jose traffic is smart.

Thanks Tom,
It looks like the worse part will be I-10; I was watching KTLA news while in Montclair ordering the LD. It looked like 8 lanes in both directions, clogged at 10am, weekdays.
BTW, the KTLA traffic gal is a hottie!
Best,
Jim

Jim,

We just came down I-5, then jogged over to hwy 99 to continue south, merely to avoid the greater LA area. But that route (in reverse) wouldn't help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom