Escapees Escapade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
I just finished up doing the sound systems for another Escapees Escapade (National Rally) in Tucson.  I crossed paths with Mike and Wendy Lawrence and Caryl (cadee2c) a couple of times but really didn't have time for an extended visit.

Caryl signed up at the volunteer booth and got to drive one of the golf carts shuttling people between the rig areas and the buildings.  Way to go Caryl!

This is the 24th year I've been helping with the Escapade sound and while it's a lot of work, it's also a lot of fun.  This year our featured entertainment (American Rouges) flew in from Abu Dhabi after doing a show there and got delayed while coming through customs so they arrived 3 hours later than planned ... 30 minutes before showtime minus most of their sound equipment.  We did some hustling and managed to scrape together enough stuff to get them on about a half hour late.

A few more events like this and I'll be in great shape ... between the long hours and not having time to eat I lost 14 lbs. this week.  :)

WHAT No pictures of the set up.... :(

Love working with sound equipment but if I go to a show and it's not done right I can't enjoy the show.

Yeah, no pictures.  :(  Too busy working this year.  1800 seat main hall and (5) 260 seat seminar rooms.

The Monday night entertainment more than made up for any shortcomings on Sunday night.  Redhead Express, a family band out of Palmer, AK.  They've been touring since 2007 with 9 adults and several kids in a Monaco Executive diesel pusher towing a cargo trailer packed to the ceiling with several tons of stage equipment.  Grandma watches the kids while the rest of the family is on stage.  They put on one of the best shows I've ever seen at an RV rally.

https://www.redheadexpress.com

Sounds like the type of show I would enjoy....As long as the sound system was setup correctly ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom