Eternabond and sealant over the top - what sort??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerjen

Hi Everyone

We have been tackling the roof problems that we have on our RV.  We have eternabonded around the vents where the caulk was cracking and across front and back where the rubber roof joins with fibreglass shell and down the length of each side.  Now I have a question.  We have taken the eternabond down from the top of the roof down and over the sides to where it meets the ridge dividing the roof and the fibreglass body.  There is a very small gap between this divider and the eternabond and need a sealant to run a bead along to make sure no water is going to get in.

I know you should use a rubber type sealant on a rubber roof and never silicon, but what can I use over eternabond?  Do I still need a rubber based sealant or can I just use an outdoor weatherproof caulk?

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Hi Karl

Thanks for the info, is that something like Dicor? I have found a place that does a generic butyl sealant but it is black and I really need it white. So wondered if Dicor is the same thing?

Thanks again.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Dicor has a newer sealant out that is good for any type of surface. I'd check with a dealer to be sure but I would imagine it would seal over the Eternabond OK. The new stuff will do rubber as well as fiberglass roofs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom