EV batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla will build 1.8 million cars this year and that is not keeping up with demand.
When I was riding my Moto-Guzzi motorcycle yesterday (ICE for a change), I noticed about one out of three cars were Teslas on I-80. But this is CA, where they have the most. But I just wonder how many we would see if Tesla could keep up. Seems a lot more can afford Teslas than people used to think.

-Don- Auburn, CA

On the surface it appears you are trying to convince others EV’s are not worth owning. I see folks driving pickup trucks everyday with nothing in the bed of the truck and usually only one person in the cab of a four door truck. I don’t try to convince them they do not need that truck. And before you say it, nobody is trying to make you purchase an EV.
Well that is your perception and does not make it true. The song and dance about nobody is trying to make people buy EV's is ridculous. Mandating any new vehicles sold be EV is not giving a choice to buy an ICE.

But if certain people have their way even the people that don't want them will be forced to buy them. So I guess everyone that takes one for a test drive buys one?
How do you arrive at such silly conclusions?
I can honestly say everyone who I know who test drove a Tesla now owns one. That even includes people who I thought couldn't afford it, as well as people I didn't expect to buy.
I test drove a Tesla three years ago. I was very impressed but I have not and will not buy one. i would love to own one but they are priced way too high.

How do you arrive at such silly conclusions?

I test drove a Tesla three years ago. I was very impressed but I have not and will not buy one. i would love to own one but they are priced way too high.
It's really quite simple. I watch the news and I listen to what they say.

I guess we watch/read different news outlets.
Have you missed where certain states are mandating all new car sales have to be EV's starting in certain years and some would like to see all states do it? Does your news outlets not tell you that?

Have you missed where certain states are mandating all new car sales have to be EV's starting in certain years and some would like to see all states do it? Does your news outlets not tell you that?
So what? I watch the news and I heard about some state mandating EVs, so what is the big deal. You can drive you current vehicles as long as you want. You can buy used ICEs and you can go to another state to buy a car. Or you can build a car from scratch.

But you live in NH so what other states do shouldn’t bother you. As it stands you will be able to purchase an ICE vehicle up until you pass on.

So what? I watch the news and I heard about some state mandating EVs, so what is the big deal. You can drive you current vehicles as long as you want. You can buy used ICEs and you can go to another state to buy a car. Or you can build a car from scratch.
You call those valuable choices? Someone can't get a new car because they do not want an EV? Someone has to drive their ICE vehicle longer than they wanted to because of a foolish agenda. I guess everyone has the ability to build their own car? That is a very viable option because everyone can do that.

You talk about what you call anti-EV people making stuff up.

But you live in NH so what other states do shouldn’t bother you. As it stands you will be able to purchase an ICE vehicle up until you pass on.
I can as of now but what is to say that the Federal government won't put more pressure on states to mandate EV's? That and just because a mandate does not directly effect me does not mean I cannot think it is wrong.

Have you missed where certain states are mandating all new car sales have to be EV's starting in certain years
How many states are doing such, is it two or three?

And many of us here will be dead by then.

Just be sure not to live in such states and buy all the new ICE cars you want, if you do live that long and are still driving.

Being able to only buy new cars of new designs is nothing new, especially when it comes to the smog stuff. Try to buy a new OBD1 car today and see if it is possible.

Besides all that, I bet many of the EV haters will find they love them after owning one for a while anyway.

A big exception for now will be a place like San Francisco where the norm is to not be able to charge at home. But since CA is one of those states that will be all new EVs, by then expect every parking meter and such to be replaced with a charge station. I am not sure how they will work it out, but I am sure they will.

-Don- Auburn, CA

i would love to own one but they are priced way too high.
Have you tried to see if you qualify for a loan? Take the longest loan out you can get. That way you get your Tesla for less than half price as you will be dead by the time it is half paid off! :)

-Don- Auburn, CA

You call those valuable choices? Someone can't get a new car because they do not want an EV? Someone has to drive their ICE vehicle longer than they wanted to because of a foolish agenda. I guess everyone has the ability to build their own car? That is a very viable option because everyone can do that.

Some people's worst fears remain that, worst fears.

Have you tried to see if you qualify for a loan? Take the longest loan out you can get. That way you get your Tesla for less than half price as you will be dead by the time it is half paid off! :)

-Don- Auburn, CA
I could qualify for a loan. I could charge the whole thing to my credit cards, there is enough room. But I don't want large payments. And I will not be using a car very much in the future so I would rather spend my money on other things.

No, those are choices anyone can make which prove you are not mandated to by an EV. I plan on driving my current car till I die. No, I talk about you making things up

On the surface it appears you are trying to convince others EV’s are not worth owning. I see folks driving pickup trucks everyday with nothing in the bed of the truck and usually only one person in the cab of a four door truck. I don’t try to convince them they do not need that truck. And before you say it, nobody is trying to make you purchase an EV.
What happens after 2035 when you cannot purchase an auto with an ICE engine in California? You are forced to use public transportation or buy an EV if you need a new auto.
IMO that is where California is missing the boat-so to speak. If they build out public transportation, there is no need for private autos of any type propulsion and the resulting pollution from tire wear fragments.

Last edited:
What happens after 2035 when you cannot purchase an auto with an ICE engine in California? You are forced to use public transportation or buy an EV if you need a new auto.
I have no dog in this fight because I really don’t care if gas cars are sold or not. (Trucks are different but they are not being affected, or at least 3/4 ton or 1 ton).

I just doubt that there will be any manufacturers still making gas cars by 2035 or 2040. They would be a hard sell to most who have ridden in or driven an EV. I just don’t see manufacturers having big lineups of gas cars. Maybe Toyota, possibly Mazda, but they certainly won’t be common. And of course they will have advanced a lot by then if the last decade is any indication.

But I’m sure people who want to drive a gas car will still be able to drive one. Although I’m sure the number of gas stations will be on the decline.

Jmho.

Viajeros.
GM has developed and put into productions 2 entirely new gasoline engines within the past year. There are other vehicle mfgrs. who have also designed entirely new gasoline engines.
Explain why GM would spend the capitol to design and produce an entirely new engine for their Colorado and Canyon mid-size pickups if they plan to stop producing gasoline engines NLT 2035?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom