EV Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reinigm

I know this doesn't have anything to do with R s, but for all you EV folks you might appreciate this. Crazy fast. Starts at 2:55 into the video.

Yah. It’s nuts. Lots of naysayers until they take a test drive. It’s pretty much over then.

We tow our little travel trailer with an EV SUV. It goes zero to sixty in 4 seconds without the trailer. Still does it under 8 with the trailer. Freeway on ramps are way fun. 😎😜

6850C808-C4B0-4BDA-94D1-E8859F0AF026.png

The days where motorcycles are faster than cars are long gone!

But it makes little difference. The faster EVs, regardless if motorcycles or cars, are way beyond being ridiculously fast.

So fast, I find many EVs max power, torque and top speed, 100% useless away from a racetrack.

-Don- Crescent City, CA

So fast, I find many EVs max power, torque and top speed, 100% useless away from a racetrack.
While I don't take advantage of all of the acceleration and torque my EV offers, I do find that its almost instant torque and acceleration make for a better driving experience and, most likely, a safer one. The car basically does what I tell it to without hesitation. It is a more refined and pleasurable driving experience.

Then I get behind the wheel of my motorhome and have to be real careful not to expect that kind of performance!

my sons drive Teslas.the oldest has a model s plaid.that thing is an absolute beast.my brother has a 1000 hp chevelle that doesn't excelerate like the plaid,just a hair over 3 seconds 0-60 for a stock 4 door sedan.and it is a very sharp looking car.he's on the waitlist for 2 cybertrucks and a model y.the wife gets the y and i get the truck.

IT seems that back when EVs were new/rare, the car makers seemed to think they needed to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. I think now they are realizing that EV shoppers pretty much want normal looking cars.

What a bunch of ugly cars.

You believe every car in that video is ugly?

I think the Ford GT is beautiful, and has such an interesting history. (It's also not an EV).

IT seems that back when EVs were new/rare, the car makers seemed to think they needed to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. I think now they are realizing that EV shoppers pretty much want normal looking cars.

A lot of that is function of battery technology. Cars like the EV1 had to look like little nerdy space ships because of weight and aerodynamics. Engineers wanted to optimize them for every last inch of range because it was so limited to begin with.

You believe every car in that video is ugly?

I think the Ford GT is beautiful, and has such an interesting history. (It's also not an EV).

I only watched the first half and yes, I thought they were all ugly. Most looked like pregnant skateboards. Tesla is the best looking.

Not my BMW i3. Shortly after I got it, a young woman walking by in a parking lot said "cute car." That's what every guy wants to hear! :)
I think the i3 is iconic. I’ve always liked it and they are a nice driving car. We said if I ever went back to work and we needed a second car for Angela to run around in it would be an i3. Perfect fit for the garage as well. Our model Y is huge and fills the garage way to tight. I’m sure I would be relegated to driveway parking. 👍

Not my BMW i3. Shortly after I got it, a young woman walking by in a parking lot said "cute car." That's what every guy wants to hear! :)

When they first came out, a buddy of mine was working at the BMW dealership and had one as a demo. He brought it by on a Sunday afternoon for a birthday gathering, a bunch of us guys were standing around looking at it, ooh-ing and ahh-ing and making jokes like...it has compostable door panels and it can be driven with just one pedal, so the other foot can Fred-Flinstone.

One of the guys pipes up, "....but what does it DO?" and someone else said, "I think it makes paninis!"

It was quite fun to drive and appeared to be very well-made, typical high BMW quality. It sure looked different, though.

I love my i3. I was going to buy a late model Honda Fit to save in gas driving to work. Then I saw that I could get the used i3 for not much more than the Honda. I started working from home shortly after getting the EV, so it hasn't made as much a difference in energy costs as I had expected, but I enjoy driving it and I really like never having to stop at a gas station. Since I charge st home, it is like always having a full tank when I head out.

Yah. It’s nuts. Lots of naysayers until they take a test drive. It’s pretty much over then.

We tow our little travel trailer with an EV SUV. It goes zero to sixty in 4 seconds without the trailer. Still does it under 8 with the trailer. Freeway on ramps are way fun. 😎😜

View attachment 156421I've had several street rods and I have always considered onramps as legal drag strips. :)

I love my i3. I was going to buy a late model Honda Fit to save in gas driving to work. Then I saw that I could get the used i3 for not much more than the Honda. I started working from home shortly after getting the EV, so it hasn't made as much a difference in energy costs as I had expected, but I enjoy driving it and I really like never having to stop at a gas station. Since I charge st home, it is like always having a full tank when I head out.
It’s all fun and games now, but wait until you are mandated to have a separate electrical meter at your house, that will charge road tax, and usage for ever KW hour you use.

It’s all fun and games now, but wait until you are mandated to have a separate electrical meter at your house, that will charge road tax, and usage for ever KW hour you use.
I have never heard of this. Where is this happening? How would they control this? A car can plug into any 120 volt socket. It would be pretty much impossible to govern.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom