EV Hot Rods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butch
Wow, hop in the DeLorean and take a trip back to the 60's. I remember seeing a Chaparral run at Laguna Seca. You couldn't hear the actual engine; all you could hear when it went by was that darned 2-stoke snowmobile engine that drove the fan system.
Talk about ahead of its time. They couldn't beat it, so they banned it.

Wow, hop in the DeLorean and take a trip back to the 60's. I remember seeing a Chaparral run at Laguna Seca. You couldn't hear the actual engine; all you could hear when it went by was that darned 2-stoke snowmobile engine that drove the fan system.
Talk about ahead of its time. They couldn't beat it, so they banned it.
Yep… I remember them well… Way ahead of their time….
Butch

Silence on the racetrack.

fxdHNl4HRQSgGuZ5AbIklA.jpeg

I could do without the noise, but I'd be OK with someone making it more interesting.

Last edited:
For the straight line guys check out NEDRA. THE National Electric Drag Racing Association has been around since 1996.

For the straight line guys check out NEDRA. THE National Electric Drag Racing Association has been around since 1996.
I, for one loved the sound of that dragster in the clip I posted. Reminded me of the slot car tracks we used to go to as kids. The one I frequented had an oval track, a road course and a drag strip.

I have been a hot rodder all my life. There is only one rule in Hot Rodding "There is no rules" Build what you like and the way you want. It is all good

Zero to 60 in 12 seconds EV

While towing 10,000 pounds in near freezing temperature.
Same link I posted in the EV towing thread. Thing that impressed me about that video was that I could have used the Rivian to do most anything I used to do with my shop truck (except look cool) before I went full time in the RV. Pretty much any time I had to exceed 100 miles in range there would be lunch involved where I could have let the truck charge while I ate.

What do you suppose that car in the photo is with it's skin on? I'm thinking maybe a Cobra replica?

Good guess, correct side of the pond. It's a Westfield Lotus 11 converted by Eco Classics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom