Ever not be able to find a place to stay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent an entire day this week unsuccessfully looking for a site for March in AZ. Back to it tomorrow.
That's why I like AZ in December. Most of the snowbirds do Jan-Mar.

But what part of AZ? I wouldn't think you would have any trouble in Yuma with their countless RV parks.

Or is Jan-Mar why they have countless RV parks?

-Don- Reno, NV

I thought I heard here before that doing such was illegal everywhere.

-Don- Reno, NV
I stay in one park in Arkansas that has no problem with it. You only have to have the end cap on your dump pipe that converts to a standard water hose. They do get a bit testy when someone stretches out their 3" hose to dump gray water.
I've also been in several FS campgrounds where I've seen gray water lines spread out and the hosts not saying anything.
Even a lot of FS rangers I've talked to say it's a gray area(lol). Not really any different than a tent camper tossing dishwater into the bush except for quantity.

There are some sites in NC state rec areas that have dry wells for dumping grey water.

Gray water is occasionally allowed in biologically active areas like northern forests. If the soil can decompose the effluent quickly, then there isn’t much impact. Volume is critical though, and that is why many/most places don’t allow RV drains even in very bio active environments. Deserts and other areas without the required moisture and vegetation to handle the gray water require special handling; these are really very fragile environments.

I learned from Jack Reacher to have only one set of clothes at a time. When they get dirty you go to Good Will and get another set. :cool:
I personally can't stand to go more than 2 days in the same set of clothes, even if I'm just sitting around under the awning sipping cold adult beverages. Definitely couldn't go a few days with the lifestyle he leads.

Using the dryer (if you have one), induction cooktop, and a convection oven along with an AC is challenging on 30 amp. We just do one or two at a time.
The new couple that pulled in next to me this week have what looks like a 40 footer.

She complained to the park owner that the 50 amp service keeps "blowing."

When asked what she was running she replied, "2 air conditioners, the coffee pot, the clothes dryer and the fuse blew when I turned on the microwave to make lunch..."

Yeah - Definitely a park problem - LOL...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom