everywherechat.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Tom:

I am hanging up while in the Forum tonight with my status bar saying "Waiting on everywherechat.com???

Jeff,

Delayed response - we were out for dinner and visiting for the evening.

This forum does not use Everywhere Chat and we have no links to it. I'm searching my brain to recall if the default live chat function (which we're not currently using) was EC. If so, you may have a page stuck in cache in your browser. Any chance you could empty cache (I don't recall what it's called in MSIE or other non-FF browsers) and refresh the page? Let me kinow what happens.

Thanks,

Tom

??? People from our forum really do chat on line at the fireside???

I have not seen the everywherechat.com thing, but am happy to find out that other persons are interested in a forum related chat room.? If this is indeed the case here is what I promise.? ;D? ?I will keep popping in and out on the chatspot with hopes that maybe I will be able to speak with other persons with like hobbies, interest, etc.

I really want to encourage this.? ?I believe we "this group" can have a decent respectful chat area.? Anyone else want to try it out?? Or am I perhaps chirping down the wrong tree?? 

I have actually gone through with great relish practically every post that has been made and available to the group.? I could continue to do re-runs but thirst for more than this. Also the library --- if you haven't been there you should go!

Not knowing many on the forum does not allow on my part an intrusion into their space.? An invitation to an open fireplace on the other hand ..... yippee!? ?I can grab pillow snuggle into a spot at the fire, hang on to my hot cocoa and enjoy the conversation.? That would be so nice.?

I have been to the campfire in hopes of enjoying exactly this.? ?No one has been there.? ?It has been quite lonely at the fireside -- thus far, I have shared a peanut butter sandwich with a stray rabbit and raccoon but seen no persons.? It has been cold and wet but the fire was still going as I had bribed a few critters into helping out.? ?EX AGERATION? LIE? ?UHMMMMM YUP? ? So to speak ---- it is a nice way (I hope) of me slipping in the following information and hopes for improvement ......

To many times, I come to a chat room.? not attended ? .......? need I say more.? ?I did not provide brevity on this matter but rather levity in hopes that someone else out there would really like to see the chat room with more than one critter in it.? ? Hmmmmmmmm?? ?I will provide the marshmellows and hot cocoa.? Yes, I am begging.? ?Does anyone want this chat room?? ?If so, what will it take to help it fly.? ?I do, I do, I do..... Anyone else??

Jasper's Mom

PS ---

For those that have their concerns, there are definitely things one should never do in a chat room.? ?Consequence is a free ticket and education comes at a high cost for many.? Please do not put yourself there.?Chatting .... can indeed be an avenue to many things.? IMO? It is not as bad as some may think.? If you don't want to say something, don't.? ?If you do, then make it within the guidelines presented by the forum.. Never ever as in all public agenda give out any information that can be abused, misused or maligned?because there are person out there that will do that very thing given the opportunity. Never harm a person due to difference, misunderstanding or pure "had a bad day syndrome".? Put your hands in your lap, lace your fingers together and quiet the unnecessary keystrokes.?

The virtual campfire is lit every Wed long about 9pm Eastern Time (8,7,6 as you move west) and normally burns for 1-2 hours

That's when you should visit the room,  Generally the chats are interesting, and polite

We chat every Wednesday night at 7 PM Mountain time. Everyone is welcome to join in.

Jasper's Mom,

As others have said, our regularly scheduled live chat happens at 9.00pm eastern time every Wednesday (see the newsbox near the top right of your screen). When it's time, just click the Chat button above.

The subject of this discussion is a different issue - we're trying to help Jeff figure out what happened on his computer while he was viewing the forum.

Tom said:
Jeff,

Delayed response - we were out for dinner and visiting for the evening.

This forum does not use Everywhere Chat and we have no links to it. I'm searching my brain to recall if the default live chat function (which we're not currently using) was EC. If so, you may have a page stuck in cache in your browser. Any chance you could empty cache (I don't recall what it's called in MSIE or other non-FF browsers) and refresh the page? Let me kinow what happens.

Thanks,

Tom
[/quote

No problems today.

Thanks,

jaspers mom said:
I am looking forward to listening to the chatter.

I'm not sure you'll actually hear anything, but you should see lots of banter coming across your computer screen.

jaspers mom said:
? Not knowing many on the forum does not allow on my part an intrusion into their space.

Hi Jasper's mom,

Not so.  If  anyone posts here, they are part of the framily.  If we want it private, we take it to a personal message. Jump right in as topics allow.  One of the best ways to "get to know forum members" is to participate.  You can read messages, post messages, come to rallies.  Soon enough you will feel like you know  all the regulars.  Then it's a big hoot when you meet them and actually associate a face with all the  back and forth that had been on going! It' so much fun to have friends out there!  By the way, it's easier for me to make an association when I have a name.  What's yours?  I may have missed it. Who is Jasper?   
Betty

:mad:

Awwww pish posh.? ? I missed you again.? ?I was too late or too early or gosh only knows what.? ?I have decided to turn the trauma of when are we suppose to be able to chat on line to Ray D.? ?Most likely that will be successfull ---- I hope we shall all meet by the next "chat ses" time.?

:-[

Shucks  I missed it too  Was in the Hot Tub during that time relaxing  I keep forgetting it's Wed nites.  Memory is gone with the age cause I forget every week.  At 4 PM  told the Boss got to get on the chat tonite  Boom off we went to the spa.  Darn  She can;t remember anything  any more.

Well, for those of the forgetful bend (Myself included, though I made it to the chat last night) they make these marvolus clocks now days, you can wear them on your wrist, and several of them have alarm and/or reminder functions.

Also, many phones now have clocks built in with simular functions

And EVERY computer has those functions built in.

And still I miss the chat some nights :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom