Experience with Millennium Repossessed Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottb14

Hello all,

New member here. I'm tired of tent camping and renting RVs, so I've been shopping around for a while. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with Millennium Repossessed Cars auction site. You know that saying "if it seems too good to be true ..."? Well, I'm wondering if that's the case. While my preference is to see something in person before I buy it, that's not the case for many of these online auction sites. Millennium Repossessed Cars does not accept paypal or credit cards. They only do bank wire transfers, so what kind of fraud protection is there?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Don't even consider buying an RV sight unseen. Would you buy a house that way? RVs are even worse when it comes to the credibility of photos and descriptions. Even buying onsite at auction is risky because you seldom have the time or access to do a thorough inspection, and a newcomer to RVs needs a pro inspector or experienced owner to help avoid costly mistakes.

...They only do bank wire transfers, so what kind of fraud protection is there?

Thanks!

It's basically like handing over cash. There is a bit more of a paper trail than cash. But there are no consumer protections like you get from PayPal or Facebook or any of the other payment services. Your only recourse against fraud would be to pursue legal action.

How lucky do you feel? This would be pretty much the same as putting the cash into the lottery. Repossessed RVs are usually ones that were neglected and/or abused. Why would someone who was about to loose an RV to the repo-man make any effort to take good care of it?

True story,,, this may take awhile.. Twenty six years ago I traded ( straight across ) a 26 foot Dodge powered class "A" coach that I had owned for 5 years and in good shape for a 1962 GMC PD-4106 ex Greyhound bus.. This bus had been professionally "converted" to an RV 18 years earlier and had sat for 15 of those years unused and ill maintained, but ran well.. If you stuck your head in the door the smell of mildew would blow you out,,both head lamps were hanging from the wires and the front bumper was bashed in the front... ( My wife said ,,,no,,NO,,AND HELL NO!! ) I did it anyway..
We gutted the entire coach and started with the basics,, it had two 160 gallon stainless steel holding tanks,,, a 12 KW Perkins diesel generator,, a Detroit 8V71NA two stroke engine and 4 speed manual transmission,,,two functioning roof air conditioners and a functioning bathroom,,,,,,.... Cut to the chase,, We started using the "thing" right away after removing almost everything from the interior except the bed and sink..
In about a year of use we had it completed the way we wanted a class "A" to be and went on to use it for 14 years including repeated trips to Quartzsite, Az. ____ 12 years ago I was fooling around on the web ( the E place ) with a little too much change in my pocket and bid on a repo ed diesel pusher class "A" 39 foot high end at the time coach ($184K ).. ( American Tradition 38TT ) that was 9 years old and spent it's years in ABQ,NM with little use... The original owners got in financial trouble and turned it back to the bank..
As it was my first time bidding on EBay,, I cautiously bid $30K and sat back and relaxed knowing it would go way over that,,,,after a 5 day sale, I OWNED IT at $28100.00 !!
The following day I was on a jet to Dallas, Tx. with 30 K cash in pocket and spent 3/4 day inspecting my purchase inside and out.. All systems worked great,,, no rust anywhere,,, tires 9 year originals,,, all manuals,,, the original buyers receipts,,, !!!!
12 years and 140K miles later we are still enjoying this remarkable chance taking of mine and have been all over the US and Canada with the minimum expense of "consumables" like tires,, brakes,, batteries,, and small repairs that come up with use.. This coach is now 24 years old and doing a great job each trip as expected,, we feel no need to " keep up with the Joneses">>>Dan

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. All of you have valid concerns. Millennium Repossessed Cars offers a 14 day free return policy and a 6 month warranty, so I'm not too concerned about not inspecting it beforehand. I really just need to find others who have bought something from them for confirmation that they are a legitimate business.

I did manage to find a post from 2015, but would like to see something more recent.
(Spam link deleted by moderator)

To give a straight forward answer, I've never heard of them in my 23 years on this and other forums. And promises and seller warranties have little substance beyond the seller's concern for his reputation in the market. Caveat Emptor!

Buying an RV without seeing it, inspecting it and driving it is a disaster waiting to happen. Would you consider marrying someone when all you had to go on was a photo on the Internet?

Buy it assuming the worst, and if you are into renno then just assume everything, including a water-damaged roof and walls will need work.
It is a good bet that most appliances will work, but the shape of the wood and aluminum siding is a good bet something is wrong. Most used campers have water damage to some level.
Price should reflect all the work that you might have to do. If you are not into working on RVs then run run away.
I imagine you can get good and amazing deals at auction, but you can get bitten too.

I think scottb14 is saying he can inspect it when he gets there and get his money back if not satisfied, but once he pays up front he has no leverage remaining. I might be willing to gamble a deposit, but not the purchase price. Photos of RV condition are extremely reliable UNreliable even for cosmetics, and tell you nothing about function or mechanical or electrical condition.

Last edited:
I did a quick Google Search and

Now the search also said the company is California based but what I read on the BBB.ORG page is enough to suggest to me that Caution is the operative word if dealing with them.

Especially the "According to the United States Post Office 125 Industrial Park Rd is not a valid address nor does it exist with the County Assessor's Office."

Buying an RV without seeing it, inspecting it and driving it is a disaster waiting to happen. Would you consider marrying someone when all you had to go on was a photo on the Internet?
That's what happened with my Russian bride and that worked out well. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hello all,

New member here. I'm tired of tent camping and renting RVs, so I've been shopping around for a while. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with Millennium Repossessed Cars auction site. You know that saying "if it seems too good to be true ..."? Well, I'm wondering if that's the case. While my preference is to see something in person before I buy it, that's not the case for many of these online auction sites. Millennium Repossessed Cars does not accept paypal or credit cards. They only do bank wire transfers, so what kind of fraud protection is there?

Thanks!
Hey Scott I was just on their site today also and ALMOST bought a motorhome. The website looks legit but I was having trouble registering and uploading pics and got nervous so didn't bid. The price and terms were right IF LEGIT!! Let me know what you ended up doing.
Dave (phone number deleted by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom