Exploring RV-ing in Illinois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
Hey all, Scott here.  I am a vetern to internet forums, but a newbie to the idea of RV-ing.  My wife and I are just now considering the purchase of our first RV, and wonder "what are we getting ourselves into?"  But from everyone we've talked to, there are no (or at least few) regrets from those who have gotten into RV-ing.  I'm not sure we fit the profile of the typical RV family, from what I've seen so far... I'm just about 29, wife is 30, and we have two boys 5 and not quite 2.  Our 5yo has autism and has a tough time adjusting to hotels and strange places when we're traveling, and we thought if we had a "home away from home" so to speak it would be a little more enjoyable.  Plus we're sit-n-relaxers when it comes to vacationing, not the type that has to be up and running between tourist locations.

I have fond memories of visiting/camping with my grandparents when I was young.  They had a '73 Dodge chassis 21' Class C, which seemed huge to me as a kid.  My wife and I are looking at mid-late 80's 26-30' Class C's.  Just browsing prices online so far, but I've seen one locally that I really like but the asking price is a bit out of our price range.  We may not be seriously shopping to buy until next Spring, but I figured the more research I can do now the better!  Glad to be a part of your group, and I hope I can learn and eventually share good info & stories with everyone here!

Welcome aboard, Scotty & family.  Feel free to ask questions as you search for something that suits you - this is a great source for RV buying advice.  Most of us here have bought several!

A Class C is more likely to offer a floor plan that will accomodate kids than will a Class A, but keep an eye out for an suitable A anyway.

Hi Scott and welcome aboard. Feel free to look around and ask any questions. Don't forget to check our library (the button is in the toolbar above) for some interesting/useful reading.

Howdy Scott,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  You have found the right place to get information so ask any questions that you have and we will try to provide the answers.  Glad you found us.

Tom said:
Don't forget to check our library (the button is in the toolbar above) for some interesting/useful reading.

You are not kidding!  I just read almost the entire "Newcomers Need to Know" section and wow, do I feel educated!  I have some experience driving a 27' Class C (owned by my employer) to and from job sites and service stations, but there are some awesome tips in the 'how to drive' threads.  I will definitely be referring my wife to those...  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom