Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son leaves for basic training for the United States Army on the 13th of May.  Why am I somehow more worried about what happens in our own country before he will probably be deployed after basic and tech school to Afghanistan or South Korea? 

Got home a short while ago, and I'm glued to the TV.

As many of you know, Boston is the nearest major city to Halifax, and Donna has lots of family ties in what we call the "Boston States".  We have spent a lot of time over the years visiting Boston, and know the area around where the bombs went of very well, as well we have spent many days at the Mass Archives, which are located adjacent to the JFK Library where there was a suspicious fire.
    We really don't know what kind of a fruitcake set these off, and it may take a long time to get to the bottom of what actually happened.

Ed

It took three hours for me to connect with all my children, two were at the race, one at the finish. Thank God all are safe and at home now. They could not use their cell phones. Funny one got to a computer and posted on facebook that she was ok. The new tec. world.
Jim

Glad to hear your family and friends are safe.

-Trevor and Roni

jim and di said:
It took three hours for me to connect with all my children, two were at the race, one at the finish. Thank God all are safe and at home now. They could not use their cell phones. Funny one got to a computer and posted on facebook that she was ok. The new tec. world.
Jim
Jim, glad to hear all your kids are safe. 

BTW - Jane and I really enjoyed your travel photos.

Heard from daughter in law that all her family and friends are safe.  Takes a really pitiful, pathetic soul to pull off something like this.  Targeting athletes?  Sick!

Margi

We live south of Boston. They shut the cell phone service down after the explosions as they were concerned about additional bombs being detonated by remote/cell phones. The Patriots game was cancelled as well. Yes - it's another sad day in our country. The world is a scary place.

They shut the cell phone service down after the explosions as they were concerned about additional bombs being detonated by remote/cell phones.

One example of the excellent pre-planned response.

Let's hope they're able to quickly nail these folks. Unfortunately, our legal system is such that anyone convicted in a death penalty state could sit on death row and avoid true justice for many years. Just realized MA is not a death penalty state. So, worst case, these folks murders terrorists will have free board and lodge and some comforts for the rest of their lives.

wonder if its N Korea keeping their word?  This would have not been expected, while we were looking at huge targets, they may have zeroed in on a small one.

let's hope this is not the beginning of targeted hits like this, just impossible to stop things like these and live.

That thought crossed my mind Carolyn, but I hope we're wrong.

Tom said:
One example of the excellent pre-planned response.

So, worst case, these folks murders terrorists will have free board and lodge and some comforts for the rest of their lives.

Tom,

Probably not if they get put in Genpop!!

My daughter posted this on facebook,
"We were right there. So glad we didn't have tori or zoie w us. There was no hysteria on the actual route- they stopped the runners and cleared the area. We all heard the bombs and knew what was happening. I wouldn't get on the trains so we had to walk all the way to Somerville to my office. Bloody people along the way. Really sad."
When I heard a 8 year old was a victim I was beside my self, however all in my family are safe for now. What cowards.

Thanks Jim. I was so glad to read yesterday that your family was safe.

Back
Top Bottom