Extended warranty providers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HittinDaRoad

We have decided to get an extended warranty contract now that we are nearing the end of our 3yr/36,000 manufacturer warranty. What experiences have you folks had and what companies are you using.So far I have only read about Good Sam's CSP, RV Protect and Warranty Experts. Any others? How is their service?

Thanks -?

HittinDaRoad said:
We have decided to get an extended warranty contract now that we are nearing the end of our 3yr/36,000 manufacturer warranty. What experiences have you folks had and what companies are you using.So far I have only read about Good Sam's CSP, RV Protect and Warranty Experts. Any others? How is their service?

Hittin

Warranty Experts is not a provider, it is a broker. While a lot of us here on the Forum have used Dave at WE to obtain our policies, they have all been written with varying insurors. Dave picks and chooses from the best on the market at the time you sign up, but all service and claims are done with the insurors. I'm happy with Dave.

Hittin,
Ditto what Bernie says.  I got my policy from RVProtection.net but they too are brokers, not insurers or even agents for an insurer.  The insurer for my policy is American Guardian and I have no complaints at all (but only one claim so far).

Don't worry so much about the broker but do payatention to the deatils of the policy offerred. You want an all-inclusive policy - one that covers everything except specifically excluded items. That cuts way down on the potential for a debate over wheher some item is covered or not.  Decide whether you want full coverage, drivetrain onl, etc., and what deductible you are comfortable with. A low or no deductible policy will cost much, much more than a high deductible. We went witha high deductile ($200) becuase I do mostrepairs mself and wanted coverage only for big ticket repairs. For those who take most repairs to an Rv dealer or chassis service center, a low deductible might be a better choice. 

Lastly, make sure you understand the procedures for making a claim and follow them religiously. You will get no slack from any insurer, no matter how reasonable your excuse may seem to be.

Thanks guys,I knew that they were brokers and just mistated it in my post. I have read everything I could pull up on the boards but still wanted to know of other's experiences with named services.

So, if any of you have stories - good or bad, please share them so I can make a somewhat informed decision.

HittinDaRoad said:
Thanks guys,I knew that they were brokers and just mistated it in my post. I have read everything I could pull up on the boards but still wanted to know of other's experiences with named services.

So, if any of you have stories - good or bad, please share them so I can make a somewhat informed decision.

Hittin

As we said, they are brokers, not insurance companies. It will be the insurance companies that you will deal with if you have a claim, and they are sticklers for detail. If you don't follow exactly their procedures, you can lose out. My experiences with my insurance company can be completely different from someone else who has a different insurance company, and it is almost impossible for you to, on your own, pick and choose between available companies.

As Gary said, get an exclusive policy, one that covers everything except what is excluded. That way you know what you have and don't have. I found Dave Gardner of WE to be excellent in explaining the differences and searching out the best available.

Okay then, another rephrase needed and be more specific.? Have any of you had experience with American Guardian Warranty Services, or USA Travel Care Plan?

My thinking is that even though there are different insurers through the brokers, just reading of other's experience can still glean good information that I can learn from.?

? ?

Have any of you had experience with American Guardian Warranty Services, or USA Travel Care Plan?

Yes - see my previous post.

I thought I might have a problem with my claim, since the first part of the repairs on my dash a/c system were done under my chassis warranty but they did not solve the whole problem and refused to re-open the issue after the warranty expired because the servicing dealer  claimed "everything worked fine" when they finished [it didn't, but it took me a few months to figure it out].    I had an independent shop diagnose the remaining problem and they explained it to American Guardian and got a prompt OK on the additional work required to get my dash a/c system fully functional again. I paid my deductible and was a happy camper once again.

<<I thought I might have a problem with my claim, since the first part of the repairs on my dash a/c system were done under my chassis warranty but they did not solve the whole problem and refused to re-open the issue after the warranty expired because the servicing dealer? claimed "everything worked fine" when they finished [it didn't, but it took me a few months to figure it out].? ? I had an independent shop diagnose the remaining problem and they explained it to American Guardian and got a prompt OK on the additional work required to get my dash a/c system fully functional again. I paid my deductible and was a happy camper once again.>>

Now, that is exactly the input I am looking for RV Roamer, and I thank you for passing it along. It is most helpful.

Hittin

Gary's experience sounds like the same results you'd get from most insurance companies writting an exclusionary policy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom