Exterior doors for moterhome ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummer41269

We need to replace  the whole door  for our moterhome  does anyone  know where yo get a high quality  door made or a company  the has or that can make them for moterhome class A.  ????

These people might know of salvage yards that have what you are looking for

https://www.holidayrambler.com/motorhome-parts

Odds are the existing door was a 3rd party product. NOT made by the name on your RV but by another company and simply bolted on. IF You still have the owner's manual set.. Dig through it for the door.

That said. the salvage yards are a good choices.

When  my door went bad I had a local craftsman woodworker rebuild the door. He removed everything inside and replaced all rotten wood, glued in Styrofoam insulation and put it all back together using my favorite product RFP for the interior skin. The price was about $250. When the guy came out to reinstall it fit perfectly. The RFP is impervious to water incursion. It comes in various colors

https://www.lowes.com/pd/48-in-x-8-ft-Embossed-White-Fiberglass-Reinforced-Plastic-FRP-Wall-Panel/1000174771

Iv been looking and i have learned  that there is a big difference between  a pull behind rv and a class a motorhomes  door there not the same  ...fyi

Rebuilding the existing door is a good option if the skin and frame are still ok.  I've done that for an older RV. They usually come apart without much difficulty and the innards, latches, etc can be replaced.

Finding a matching door in a salvage yard can be challenging because doors are not well identified as to size & type. If you can find the exact same model of RV in the salvage yard, its easy enough, but figuring out what other RV may have the identical door is darn near impossible unless you can wander the yard with tape measure in hand (and lots of time to spend).

I agree with John.  Look through that pile of manuals that came with the coach.  I know I saw a manual for the door on my coach in there somewhere, maybe you have one too.  If you get the brand of the door, that might make it easier to find a new one.

Old_Crow said:
I agree with John.  Look through that pile of manuals that came with the coach.  I know I saw a manual for the door on my coach in there somewhere, maybe you have one too.  If you get the brand of the door, that might make it easier to find a new one.
I may have too rebuilt  it will see thanks tho

I was going to rebuild my door but at SWMBO's insistence I had a new one made. Dexter door (division of Dexter axle) makes doors for a number of RV manufacturers . A new custom size door for my 1995 'bago  was about $740 ($200 was shipping) I ordered through Mobilehomepartspro.com. Note there are two types of RV doors ,the ones used on trailers has a wedge bolt type latch similar to a house lock. A motorhome door has a automotive type lock with the large pin on the strike. I'm glad i went with a new door. better screen latch  and hinges. Much better lock also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom