Exterior leaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fred and Nit

I'm driving a 03 Monaco Windsor.  I am experiencing a serious problem with leaching.  The source seems to be the roof but I can't locate anything that would cause the problem.  I clean the MH but within a few days the streaks are back  predominately along the driver side.  Any one else had a problem like this? :mad:

Fred,

Virtually everyone with a motor home has the problem. Roofs usually aren't clear coated and the fiberglass tends to leach white. I understand there are products in the marine industry that can help but you don't want to treat it with anything that will make it slippery!!!  I've heard that Poly Glo, think that's how it's spelled, will help greatly but I can't do my whole roof because it isn't smooth. Not sure if it makes it slippery. I'm going to try to restore the finish on the end caps where they didn't clear coat.

Fred, assuming the leaching is white in color, there were some prior discussions on this subject (including with my Monaco Camelot) here and here.

Hi Guys,

Went back and read all the posts concerning my leaching problem.  I am now pretty well educated on the problem just have to figure some way to overcome the problem now.  Thanks to all for the info.  Fred

Back
Top Bottom