Extra AC wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kies277

I was doing some AC work in the plenum today and noticed that I have a full set of wires just hanging in there loose. There are like 4 or 5 wires with connectors on the ends. I have a 2015 Crossroads Sunset Trail with a Coleman AC Unit. Anyone know what those wires might be?

It is wired for a second A/C, which I will be installing here shortly, but why would the wires be there? Would it be too connect the second A/C to the control box at the first A/C?

Different model of A/C (perhaps a 3 speed fan instead of 2) Optional heat or heat pump.. Possibly controls for the Furnace (Carrier's controlled the furnace) and more. Often they have extra wires in the box.

Or it could be the extra wire in place for a pre-wired A/C setup that are the thermostat leads. I had that in a previous trailer where the existing vent was at in the garage of that Toy Hauler. There were the 120VAC wires to run the A/C, the 12VDC wires that are needed for the thermostat control voltage, and of course the wires necessary to tie into the new thermostat (wall mounted) and those were just dead ended in one of the walls in the garage area. I took an educated guess where they might be in the wall and found them pretty easily and was able to complete my install of the second A/C unit on the roof.

I agree with what everyone has said lol often its just easier when manufacturing to use a prewire harness for future changes

Yeah, I think it is probably wires for an AC that has a heat pump. Thank you guys for your input.

I have extra wires coming out of my front AC unit - it turns out my RV is pre-wired for solar panels on the roof and not actually part of the AC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom