F53 Chassis Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil-t

Got a slow leak in my chassis AC on my '09 F53.  I think I found it (in the way of an oily residue around this sensor.  Anyone know what this is?  What I can find in the parts diagrams from RockAuto on the heating cooling diagrams it is called an "ambient air temperature sensor".
Here is a PIC of it installed in my system.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 39
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 32
I disagree with the "ambient temperature sensor" because it's directly connected to the high side refrigerant line, and that line will get very hot during
normal operation and therefore cannot measure "ambient temperature"..

from the photos you have, I would say that's a high side pressure switch, just before
the filter/drier cannister. it's not a DIY replacement. you will need to take it in
to an a/c shop and have them replace the sensor and o-ring seal then recharge the system.

Thanks, I have a AC tech buddy that can do the work - I was looking for a part source.  I found it at a local auto parts store.
Thanks for the help.

House Husband said:
It's pretty much SOP to have a schrader valve in the fitting the sensor screws in to. Refrigerant loss will be minimal when changing the sensor. It's easily a DIY job.
Yes, I did it.  No problems - had a gauge on the recharge.  I just really needed to know what that sensor was, in order to get a replacement.  Local auto parts had it.
There are all levels of DIY capabilities in different folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom