Failure to connect to web server?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

I am having an occasional problem connecting to the forum.  Everytime it starts working again  I neglect to ask why it is doing it.  Yesterday, as an example, I never was able to connect.  I first get "waiting for rvforum.net ", and then after a short while I get "failure to connect to web server" .  It does it on Firefox and IE, but do not have any problem connecting to any other site.  It happens possibly every 10-14 days, and lasts for up to 12-16 hours at a time.  Most times when I am unable to connect throughout the day and night, the next morning it works  fine.  Any explanation?

That happens from time to time on HughesNet.? Go to http://192.168.0.1/cgi/tp_config.bin and Teardown the TurboPage to get a different proxy server at the NOC and that almost always fixes it.? If it doesn't, do it again.

Rebooting does the same thing, it just takes a bit longer.

Jim Johnson said:
I am having an occasional problem connecting to the forum.? Everytime it starts working again? I neglect to ask why it is doing it.? Yesterday, as an example, I never was able to connect.? I first get "waiting for rvforum.net ", and then after a short while I get "failure to connect to web server" .? It does it on Firefox and IE, but do not have any problem connecting to any other site.? It happens possibly every 10-14 days, and lasts for up to 12-16 hours at a time.? Most times when I am unable to connect throughout the day and night, the next morning it works? fine.? Any explanation?

Not to panic.  It has been known that the server will go down for a while.  If it does, wait for a while and try again.

This is a problem unique to HughesNet, and isn't a server problem.  Although those outages have happened too, but not as frequently.

Back
Top Bottom