Faithful Parking.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Separation of Church and State is not, nor ever was, written into the First Amendment. In fact, it appears nowhere in the Constitution.

Like I said, it doesn’t mean what you think it does.

That ballot purposal was, as I recall "C" and the year was back about 1972 1974 or 1976.
It really happened.... As I said I do not recall if it passed (NO government money for religious facilities) I do know they have worked around some of it. but ..... That was one of the first elections I voted in. I may be off a bit on the year but I still recall the debate.

Lots of info out there on this subject. Lots of interpretations as well. I doubt any local government would even try to halt a church from providing a parking space for a camper. Every one of the sites I've looked at on the faithful parking app has an invitation to their services included.
What government agency is going to try to inhibit that?
I always review the address with Google satelite view to check out the area. Most seem relatively safe. Every one of the Pastors I've spoken with has been very friendly and inviting. They never ask for $$, we always make a donation.

Personally I have a different take on using these outlets when traveling to get to a place that I intend on staying for a bit. I just want to be able to pull in and kick back for a while before going to bed while not paying the prices and throwing away some extra money in our view for normal developed campgrounds. Of course I am set up for being somewhat self contained and I don't need the normal services. This is important.

But we camped a lot of years with the simple things in a self contained and enclosed camper and never thought about demanding cable tv, 50 amp services and dump provision at the campsite. We have never used tons of water when knowing that the access can be limited. Everyone is different. I personally camped across the country and worked briefly out of a VW van and had a blast enjoying the outdoors. Our ac consisted of rolling down the front windows and running 50 mph max, unless going downhill, when the winds were not blowing really hard.

So its always been a habit to conserve. Living most of our lives on wells, we also understand planning ahead to have at least a few days of extra water for the essentials, which has been standard practice. So what, I donate a bit for a decent parking lot in mostly quiet areas.

Harvest Hosts has also been a great mix for us, even though there seems to be more pressure to buy a product at their wine outlets than most of the farms. But the farms have been a good outlet for stuff we would buy anyway when on the road, eggs, some meat and even gifts like alpaca byproducts. So as long as I am able to travel, I will seek out the different avenues avaliable from the KOAs and the likes. I don't mind the out of the way family and independent campgrounds to replenish on the back roads.

Last edited:
Some years ago a man road a bicycle from NY to CA as I recall A very special bike.
he documented his travels via Compuserve Information service... (Both he and he secretary shared an account. he posted, and she sent to assorted publishers including Compuserve's news letter)

He told of one night stopping at a church and a big burly leather clad motorcycle type pulled in and ask what he was doing there... The Church Sexton. as it turned out (Happy ending).

I like the "What government"
Churches have a ton of political power.. Is that right? Different place for that question and I'm not even going to suggest an answer here but... What government will offend the church in this manner is a very good question.

Back
Top Bottom