Faithful Parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's hundreds of things that can be wrong between your keyboard and their web server. It appears that's the situation right now.

Does anyone know what happened to this site? Three days and can’t connect to it.
Does it exist any longer?

Thanks!
I have been trying to connect as well. Cannot find it anywhere... I've tried several avenues to find it... from another website, direct, etc. NOTHING! Any advice???

I tried the website today and could not connect. I found this forum and it looks as if this has not been a viable website for quite some time.

I found this forum and it looks as if this has not been a viable website for quite some time.
Faithfull Parking has been gone for sometime now and the domicile is available. I also checked and their Facebook pages are also dead. They used to link to churches that would allow you to spend the night in their parking lot. We did that a few times back when we were fulltime but not from that website, just by going inside and asking permission. There was one church that the pastor smiled and welcomed us, then invited us to attend their Wednesday evening service, which we did. One of the church members said that if we were to stay too long they would come out and baptize us!

As to this site, it has been here for a long time and I expect that it will be for much longer. It is one of the 3 RV related forums that I visit regularly. Welcome!

Last edited:
Harvest Host has added churches to their list of participants. We stayed at one in Penn. They did not require us to visit any services and we never saw a single person there when we parked in their lot.

We did speak to them on the phone in advance. We did go to their webpage and gave them a small love offering instead of buying wine and spirits or alpaca wear at most of the other outlets.

They did not require us to visit any services and we never saw a single person there when we parked in their lot.
Nobody required us to attend either. There is a big difference between an invitation and a requirement and where I grew up, that would be common courtesy. I suspect that any friendly church would do the same if you happened to spend a night in their parking lot where there were services.

I suspect that the website in question was pointed primarily at RV folks who wish to attend church services as they travel. We were only occasional church attenders while on the road but we have more than one RV friend who rarely miss a Sunday service and quite often attend midweek services as well if they know where one is.

I probably used the wrong wording. They did not invite me to any church service, maybe because it was during the week, don't know. They were very pleasant on the phone, which was our only interaction with the staff. But I do find that its really enjoyable to visit other congregations and denominations when we are staying somewhere thru a weekend when traveling.

And FWIW, I do not use any walmart parking lots with a travel trailer. This stems from having to get out of the camper and into the tow truck if I end up not feeling comfortable at some point in the evening or night time. The times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom