Fall Colors in Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memtiger

Summer is here so it's time for me to make reservations for fall, lol! Looks like this year I am going to try to head to Michigan which I have never been to. So I am looking for recommendations of things to check out and do. Which parks should we look into making a reservation for and is there a route we should drive for scenery and fun places to stop. Our kids fall break is early October if that helps deciding on things we are able to do and see.

Are you thinking about lower Michigan, or the UP? If undecided, the UP will likely have some of the best fall color. U.S. Hwy. 41, up the Keewenaw Peninsula to Copper Harbor, probably around the 1st week of October. Brockway Mtn. Drive out of Copper Harbor has some beautiful views. A week later, U.S. Hwy 2 all the way across the UP will be good immediately after that. Picture Rocks National Lake Shore is good. Oswald's Bear Ranch, north of Newberry is worth a day. Tahquamenon Falls State Park has one of the largest falls east of the Mississippi.

Joel

Joel has some good info. When we went to the UP a few years back, we drove up through Wisconsin and took US Hwy 2 across the UP, then went north to Lake Superior and back to the west along the shoreline. Great experience, pretty and interesting.

Are you thinking about lower Michigan, or the UP? If undecided, the UP will likely have some of the best fall color. U.S. Hwy. 41, up the Keewenaw Peninsula to Copper Harbor, probably around the 1st week of October. Brockway Mtn. Drive out of Copper Harbor has some beautiful views. A week later, U.S. Hwy 2 all the way across the UP will be good immediately after that. Picture Rocks National Lake Shore is good. Oswald's Bear Ranch, north of Newberry is worth a day. Tahquamenon Falls State Park has one of the largest falls east of the Mississippi.

Joel
Tahquamenon Falls looks great and spending a couple days in the UP is something we can do. Getting there would take us past Mackinac island is that worth spending a day walking around the island or is that more of a summer location?

With the weather being as it is (Wild) timing may need to be adjusted..... I get to enjoy Michigan's Fall Colors..> EVERY YEAR now that I winter here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom