Fall colors in the POCONO Mts of PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
I went out this morning about 15 minutes after sunrise to the lake across the road from the end of our driveway. Here's some photos taken with my NIKON D800 and a 24-120 f4 VR lens. The colors here are about 3-4 days past their peak, but never the less quite stunning. We seem to have a lot more reds this year, compared to past years.

Attachments

• _LAN1093.jpg
    _LAN1093.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 79
  • _LAN1173.jpg
    _LAN1173.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 72
  • _LAN1183-Edit.jpg
    _LAN1183-Edit.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 75
  • _LAN1176.jpg
    _LAN1176.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 69
Beautiful photos Chet. I am so jealous. I still have never seen the fall colors back east or anywhere else for that matter. However in two weeks I should be seeing the fall colors at Zion. Thanks for sharing.

Great shots!  We are in PA also and are seeing the same sort of display.  Not sure why the colors are better this year but I assume it has to do with the limited moisture we've had.  Or something else, but perfectly enjoyable.  We have also noticed that while the colors changed and peaked about two weeks ago, most of the leaves are still on the trees and the show is continuing longer than normal.  Usually, by now the leaves are mostly on the ground and the trees look pretty shabby.

Thanks Chet,

Hard to imagine that you  would want to move away from that beauty.... ohe wait it is not January or February there right?

GREAT photos, Chet. We were in Lancaster/Hershey about 2 weeks ago and the colors were just beginning. It is one of the things I miss most about the North East. From what we could see, however, farmers didn't have any problems with their corn or pumpkins this year up there, cuz there weree TONS of them everywhere! Beautiful country up there.

Thanks everyone.

Tom, the 3rd one can't begin to compete with your bird shots. The swans flew within 50' of me then landed about 1/4 across the lake. The photo is heavily cropped. The air was so still that I could hear the swish of their wings as they were flying by. All three were flapping in unison.

Betty, you've got the right of it. I'm tired of plowing snow.

I think the colors are a result that we had no--zero--rain during the whole month of June. I also think the reds were more emphasized by the low angle of the rising sun

Great stuff, Chet. I love reflection shots like this. Both of my parents were from PA. Dad from Marietta on the Susquehanna - whereas his brother was from Lancaster. So I remember these scenes on our visits many years ago.

Nice fall photos Chet! I especially enjoyed the ones with the trees reflected in the water. Thanks!

-Roni

Glad that you made it through the storm ok, Your pictures are great love the reflections on the lake

Nice photos,I live over by harveys lake probablly an hour away. Im looking forward to spring,in a few years want to be in florida ,arizona or anywherte southern for the winter. Just glad we havnt got the witers like in1996    30 inches at a time. I better watch I dont jnyx us still alot of winter left.

wylie said:
Nice photos,I live over by harveys lake probablly an hour away. Im looking forward to spring,in a few years want to be in florida ,arizona or anywherte southern for the winter. Just glad we havnt got the witers like in1996    30 inches at a time. I better watch I dont jnyx us still alot of winter left.

Don't even mention '94-96 winters. However they were nothing compared to '82-83. I had an 8' drift across our lane then. Had to use a CAT D-4 dozer to clear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom