Family Bunk Room in Fifth Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasProud

We are considering buying a used fifth wheel and doing a few modifications. Has anyone removed the upper master bed and done a bunk room instead? We aren’t sure if we could do it with weight restrictions. We would do 5 bunks. 3 on one side 2 on the other. What do y’all think?

We are considering buying a used fifth wheel and doing a few modifications. Has anyone removed the upper master bed and done a bunk room instead? We aren’t sure if we could do it with weight restrictions. We would do 5 bunks. 3 on one side 2 on the other. What do y’all think?
Welcome your question is very vague please elaborate.
What size 5th wheel what model, some have living rooms in the upper level with opposing slides and a bedroom in the rear
Some 5ers have bunk rooms with 3 or bunks alresdy
My toy hauler has 2 oversize queens already in the garage
Where you planning to put the master

Too many variables

Welcome TexasProud from an ex-Texan. If there really is such a thing...once a Texan always a Texan? Anyway, I'm sure there will be some informative responses along. As stated above, you might look at a toyhauler.

I think that anything you take out, (500 lbs), replace with only (500 lbs), in the same area. You can do as you wish, just keep same in as same out, especially paying attention to where that weight is in relation to the wheels below. Otherwise, you will start getting into poor weight management and open a huge can of worms.

Perhaps consider shopping for a FW that already has that arrangement... as mentioned, it's not the most common setup but I have seen models online with the kids/bunk room up front and the master in the rear. Perhaps it may be easier then to add 1 bed to the factory 4, rather than gutting the entire area completely? Otherwise, if you are feeling very handy and adventurous ;) then I'd agree with Paul that you'd want to go pound-for-pound (keeping in mind side-to-side weight distribution) on materials removed and materials replaced.

Since the ceiling in the lower floor as compared with over the pin is higher, all the bunk house models have the bunk rooms on the lower level. I have seen both mid and rear bunk models.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom