Family TT'ing newbie with lots of questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midnightscape

Hello all, not enough hours in the day to read through all the informative posts! Just bought our first TT, 1994 Dutchmen Classic 30 foot bunkhouse. Just finished winterizing with the help of the posts here.

Bought the TT from private party so I basically am learning all the workings by myself. Will need to find some recommendations for leveling jacks, TV, potable hose as the TT didn't come with them.

Thanks to all who contribute!
J

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on the Dutchmen Classic.

Welcome to the RV Forum and congratulations on the Dutchman Classic.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Glad to have you aboard.  Thanks for joining us.

Congratulations and welcome to the RVing famly.  You are going to have fun shopping the RV stores for awhile, buying both necessities and probbaly some of the many goodies that are on the market to ensnare new RV owners.

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I've already recognized your faces as very helpful to others that had posted and had many questions. Happy to find such a welcoming and helpful forum!

Will need to find some recommendations for leveling jacks

TV, potable hose as the TT didn't come with them.

Will need to find some recommendations for leveling jacks
-can't help there, look at what's on other trailers and at Camping Worlds website

TV - The LCD flat screens are getting reasonable now - I bought one earlier this year.  Measure the place you're going to put it, that your measurements & tape measure to Circuit City

, potable hose - white drinking water hose from WalMart.  Get two 25'ers.  While you're there get a pressure regulator, a "Y" with cutoffs and a couple of the end cutoffs.  I also bought something similar to this.

Might have to go to Camping World for that.  Pick up one of these.

Need more help spending $?

Joel

Will need to find some recommendations for leveling jacks, ...

Jacks come in two general flavors:  leveling and stabilizing.  You can use leveling jacks ONLY if your frame can handle them.  A good clue is whether your manfacturer offered them as an option on your particular model.  Of course your hitch jack is does double duty as a leveling jack and handles all the leveling fore and aft.  Side to side leveling is usually don't with wood or plasic blocks under the low side wheels.  To see an example of the plastic blocks, click HERE.  I find that two 10-packs are sufficient to raise a double axle trailer 3" on one side.  They are compact, light, and simple to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom