Fantastic Fan runs intermittently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

Having an issue with the fan, sometimes we turn it on and it runs, sometimes it's starts after a few minutes and sometimes it never turns on.
The vent lid works fine.
We have a controller for the fan on the wall.
Thanks

If you can go up on the roof and manually cycle the dome switch several times. It may just have some corosion in it

how old is the fan? What features does it have?
if older then the temp sensor could be corroded and actually making contact but the corrosion stops the current; it would sometimes work, sometimes not.
If it has a temp sensor on a spring bi-metal switch, then inspect this too. It might have gotten rotated or something to where the setting is off and it cannot turn on.
When you turn the temp selector at some point you should hear a click where the contacts connect. If you do not hear the click then this is a good place to start. Turn it all the way cold to all the way hot- if it has a different temp sensor then this would not apply.

It's a 2016 unit, so about 5 years old. The wall control has on and off. Up down and fan speed. No temp settings.
I need to clean the covers so I will check for corrosion and clean up.
Thanks

I don't have a remote on mine, but when we bought the coach, whoever replaced the roof for the PO re-installed the fan backwards(opened like an air scoop). Last year when I had the roof re-sealed, I had them take the fan out and turn it around. For a couple of weeks after that, my fan did the same thing as yours. I ended up spraying some contact cleaner on the lid switch and cycling it several times. Been working fine for 15 months now.

Reactions: SMR
Go up on the roof and clean and tighten the bolt holding the wire on. It will solve your problem.

If the lid opens and stays open but the fan doesn't run, then I suspect the problem is the plunger switch that keeps the fan off until the lid is wide open. Clean and lubricate the switch and make sure the wire connection is tight and not corroded.

Soon as the weather improves I will go up on the roof, that and my state park volunteer shift is Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday or Monday should be good weather wise. Will let you know what I find out.

Finally got on the roof, I cleaned the plunger on the lid switch and so far it is working. Thanks for all the replies.

Last time I had a problem with my Fantastic fan in the bathroom I called the company and wanted the cover that had cracked just above the hinge and was told that the Fantastic fan was guaranteed for life and they would send me the cover free of charge. That was on my 2005 Itaska Meridian 39K. Was also told at that time, if anything else was to go wrong, to call them and they would replace up to the entire unit for free. GREAT company to work with !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom