Fantastic Fan thermostat control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Smoky said:
turning on the Fantastics and setting them to only turn on at higher temps.

Smoky, does that mean you can set a temperature for the Fantastic fan to come on? I can't do that with mine, or maybe I should go read the manual. Or did you mean set the a/c to come on a higher temp?

Tom,

Our Fantastic Fan has a thermostat to control when it runs.  I think it's a much more useful feature than the rain sensor.

Tom said:
does that mean you can set a temperature for the Fantastic fan to come on? I can't do that with mine, or maybe I should go read the manual.

Tom,

My Fantastic Fan is equipped with a thermostat to set the on/off temperature.  I have had 4 FF's over the years and they all had the temperature control.

Phil

LOL Tom, I was going to tease you about the Monaco Fantastic, but then stopped myself as you and I have had enough misunderstandings for one day.  :D

I looked at my FFs again and was about to type a message saying that mine don't have a thermostat. But I just pulled out my Monaco owners manual and it says the thermostat is mounted on the wall. Eureka! The "non-functional" FF works just fine. I also solved another mystery - I couldn't figure out why neither the heat nor the a/c responded to that wall-mounted thermostat  :-[

LOL Ron, you know I don't do manuals.

BTW just for clarification, only one of my two FFs is controlled by the thermostat. I've lost count of the number of times I've taken the fuse out of that "non-functional" FF and checked it. I've also switched fuses between the two fans a number of times. I did finally figure out that the thermostat on the wall didn't control the heat/air, but I honestly didn't imagine it controlling the FF  :-[

AH, the old RTFM repair (Read The Fine Manual)

Gee, I guess I missed out on a lot of fun, I actually read the owner's manual for my Intruder BEFORE delivery

Tom, aren't you glad you stopped by here, you can learn a lot from us :D

Ned said:
aren't you glad you stopped by here, you can learn a lot from us

LOL, that's for sure Ned. I might become a regular here.

Nobody asked yet, but here's why I didn't readily make the connection between one of the two FFs in the ceiling and the wall thermostat....

The latter is in the eaxct same place and looks identical to the thermostat in our old Pace Arrow. In the Pace, that thermostat controlled the  propane-fuelled heating. The roof a/c units, which also had electric heat strips, were controlled by another box in a different location. I just assumed that this coach was the same and that the dealer had upgraded the a/c control to a combined heat and a/c controller, disconnecting the wall thermostat in the process.

I played with that thermostat until it almost fell off the wall, trying get the heat on &/or trying to control the temperature before I figured out it didn't do anything and coming to the conclusion that the dealer had installed the upgrade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom