Fasten your seat belts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
One Saturday morning approx 15 years ago I was awoken around 6.00am by the phone ringing. I sleepily answered and heard a voice say "Mr Jones, your wife is OK". Welll, that woke me up! Chris had been driving to work in the dark, lost control of the car on a narrow road, broke through a fence and rolled over 3 times in the field. The car was upside down, the door was jammed, she couldn;t undo the seatbelt, and she could smell gasoline.

The guy who called me was a Dept of Fish and Game warden who saw headlights in the field, assumed it was a poacher, went to investigate, and found Chris. As you can see from the photo, the car was severely damaged to the point that it was amazing she got out alive. But all she had were cuts and bruises, and the ER let her go after checking her out.

I'm relating this story as a reminder to folks to fasten your seat belts. They really do save lives.

BTW apologies for the poor quality of photo; It was a frame grab from an analog video tape. Also, look carefully and you'll see the tow bracket we used when towing that car behind our motorhome.

Attachments

• toyota5.png
    toyota5.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 63
Me too Ron. The tow truck driver was shaking his head saying he couldn't believe Chris came out alive. The photo was taken after he dropped it off the flat bed in their yard.

Back
Top Bottom