Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scalloper1

I?m getting electrical feedback through my overhead surround sound speakers. It seems to be coming from the inverter or charging system whether we are hooked up at campground or on the highway. I have noticed that it has stopped on a few occasions while traveling and hitting a significant bump on the highway. Loose connection or something internal in inverter. Thx any help would be appreciated.

Radio or CD/Other.

Radio.. If you have an inverter. especially a MSW inverter. TURN OFF.

IF you are running the audio systems on the inverter. Try alternative source and turn inverter off.

Is it feed back. Whine or hum. all 3 have different causes. Feedback is very rare in audio playback systems. Common where microphones exist but rare without microphone.

Parking Air brake switch is somehow causing feedback, when in Park position no feedback, when brake is off I have feedback. Also when I turn on headlights feedback quits. I?m thinking that the daytime running headlights are a possible cause. When I turn on headlights the daytime running head lights are off, bad ground or faulty daytime running light module. Any ideas? Thx Cecil

Scalloper1 said:
Parking Air brake switch is somehow causing feedback, when in Park position no feedback, when brake is off I have feedback. Also when I turn on headlights feedback quits. I?m thinking that the daytime running headlights are a possible cause. When I turn on headlights the daytime running head lights are off, bad ground or faulty daytime running light module. Any ideas? Thx Cecil
LED lights sometimes have issues with RF interference are the bulbs LED? IF so can you remove them temporarily and see if te problem disappears.
Parking brake when activated sometimes turns off running lights so I think your theory about running light may be correct.

Scalloper1 said:
I?m getting electrical feedback through my overhead surround sound speakers. It seems to be coming from the inverter or charging system whether we are hooked up at campground or on the highway. I have noticed that it has stopped on a few occasions while traveling and hitting a significant bump on the highway. Loose connection or something internal in inverter. Thx any help would be appreciated.

Most of the time the problem comes from slight voltage differences between the negative 12 volt line and the neutral of the AC power.  When everything is clean and tight, there's no problem.  But let any connection get even a little loose or dirty and you start hearing all the noise.

If your surround sound uses a pair of RCA jacks or an 1/8" plug to get audio into the surround amp, the easiest fix is to put a ground loop isolation transformer in line with the audio connections to break the ground loop.

Ground Loop Isolator

Parking brake may also turn off DRL's so you are right it could be the DRL module.

Drl's may feed reduced voltage to the headlights.. I've heard all sorts of Dooms Sayers at feeding half voltage to headlights but on my first towed I did just that using a SEE-ME DRL system by ANL enterprises.  alas I can not find the company any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom